Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 02:23 PM

2,427 posts, read 2,477,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefZ View Post
Lol at Vinings and Smyrna being considered "ghetto". Wow, some people are ill informed.

Way misinformed. Vinings and Smyrna are in no way Ghetto Burbs....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2015, 08:13 PM

248 posts, read 175,303 times
Atlanta is funny, you can be in a very nice area, turn the corner and fall right in the hood, literally turn the next corner and be in a quiet suburban "part of town". That's Atlanta for ya!

Old 10-31-2015, 02:40 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,036,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soular View Post
Atlanta is funny, you can be in a very nice area, turn the corner and fall right in the hood, literally turn the next corner and be in a quiet suburban "part of town". That's Atlanta for ya!
Yeah that's almost any American city for ya...I found NYC to be very much that way, and the same goes for most of the big cities in the US that I've experienced.

Old 01-25-2016, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
Yeah that's almost any American city for ya...I found NYC to be very much that way, and the same goes for most of the big cities in the US that I've experienced.
It's funny because more and more I'm looking at the City of Decatur in a different light, especially the area's close to DT Decatur. Not really that Ghetto burbish to me as much. Area's south of there, off of Candler in unicorporated Dekalb county, Different story.

Old 01-27-2016, 07:59 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,688,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
NYC is not that way at all!!! Very Safe!!!

Old 01-27-2016, 08:18 AM

2,167 posts, read 2,830,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oobanks View Post
It's funny because more and more I'm looking at the City of Decatur in a different light, especially the area's close to DT Decatur. Not really that Ghetto burbish to me as much. Area's south of there, off of Candler in unicorporated Dekalb county, Different story.
Was it the million dollar homes, the high-end restaurants, luxury condos, the Tesla dealership, or the olive oil boutiques that swayed your opinion?

Old 01-27-2016, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red92s View Post
Was it the million dollar homes, the high-end restaurants, luxury condos, the Tesla dealership, or the olive oil boutiques that swayed your opinion?
Lol, That may have a little to do with it....

Old 04-29-2016, 12:29 PM

2 posts, read 2,406 times
Default WOW, Where Black People are...

This is ridiculous to say the ghetto is where "Black" people are. I'm 29 BLACK and have no intention on taking anything from anyone. I have a decent career and family. I was trolling the thread because I am looking into some info about a neighborhood that I am moving into this weekend only to find this racism. Unfortunately all of the affordable housing in Atlanta are in Decatur and South of I-20. If you all would get you head out of your ass and grow a pair, maybe the people no matter of color but economic means can improve some of these neighborhoods. We are looking at you Cabbagetown, Peoplestown, North Decatur. I can't lie, I have a healthy fear of wondering savages just like the next person but if they come near me or my family I will be knocking heads off as soon as they cross my property. I wont stand for it and neither should you.

Old 04-29-2016, 12:31 PM

2 posts, read 2,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryska View Post
Clearly the Ghetto Burbs are the ones with black people in them.

NEVER FORGET.
I cant believe this garbage.

Old 04-29-2016, 01:04 PM

787 posts, read 969,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFMD_Design View Post
This is ridiculous to say the ghetto is where "Black" people are. I'm 29 BLACK and have no intention on taking anything from anyone. I have a decent career and family. I was trolling the thread because I am looking into some info about a neighborhood that I am moving into this weekend only to find this racism. Unfortunately all of the affordable housing in Atlanta are in Decatur and South of I-20. If you all would get you head out of your ass and grow a pair, maybe the people no matter of color but economic means can improve some of these neighborhoods. We are looking at you Cabbagetown, Peoplestown, North Decatur. I can't lie, I have a healthy fear of wondering savages just like the next person but if they come near me or my family I will be knocking heads off as soon as they cross my property. I wont stand for it and neither should you.
What's your definition of a wondering savage? You're just gonna kill someone for crossing your property?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta