Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 02:07 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,286,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
Uh, do you even know what you're talking about?
Yes, it's called plain and obvious facts. If you leave valuables visible in your car, there's a very high likelihood that someone is going to come along and steal them. Are you disputing this plain and obvious fact?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 05:33 AM

2,281 posts, read 3,032,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Yes, it's called plain and obvious facts. If you leave valuables visible in your car, there's a very high likelihood that someone is going to come along and steal them. Are you disputing this plain and obvious fact?
Perhaps you should go back and -re-read the entire thread.
Then read your post.
Then, read this Straw man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Repeat these steps until something clicks.

Old 05-19-2015, 06:47 AM
JPD

Quote:
Perhaps you should go back and -re-read the entire thread.
Then read your post.
Then, read this Straw man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Repeat these steps until something clicks.
Perhaps you should stop thumping your chest and offer a counter argument. The OP left items in her car (not just a "radio"), as stated in the very first post on this thread. The items got stolen. Big surprise.

Old 05-19-2015, 09:18 AM

2,281 posts, read 3,032,125 times
No chest thumping, just commenting on the absurdity of telling someone to not leave their in-dash stereo/GPS system in their car, lest it get stolen.

Old 05-19-2015, 09:31 AM
JPD

Quote:
No chest thumping, just commenting on the absurdity of telling someone to not leave their in-dash stereo/GPS system in their car, lest it get stolen.
Read the first post. OP said she left that and other things in the car, which also got stolen. Here, I'll make it easy for you.

"Had a great time at the Malcolm X Festival, only to find that the radio and other things had been ripped from my vehicle upon return."

Also, it's worth noting that you said not all of these systems have removable faceplates, which means some do have removable face plates. If the OP's system has a removable faceplate, she should remove it when leaving her car.

Old 05-19-2015, 10:35 AM

994 posts, read 1,539,971 times
Quote:
Read the first post. OP said she left that and other things in the car, which also got stolen. Here, I'll make it easy for you.

"Had a great time at the Malcolm X Festival, only to find that the radio and other things had been ripped from my vehicle upon return."

Also, it's worth noting that you said not all of these systems have removable faceplates, which means some do have removable face plates. If the OP's system has a removable faceplate, she should remove it when leaving her car.
Your argument sounds along the lines of, "Look at what she was wearing. Of course, she got raped."

Nothing taken, other than the non-removable, in-dash system, was visible, nor was anything else particularly valuable, but that doesn't affect my aforementioned point.

Old 05-19-2015, 10:39 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,759,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hautemomma View Post
Your argument sounds along the lines of, "Look at what she was wearing. Of course, she got raped."

Nothing taken, other than the non-removable, in-dash system, was visible, nor was anything else particularly valuable, but that doesn't affect my aforementioned point.
It is not in any way your fault that some punk broke into your car and stole your stuff.

It is 100% the fault of the punk who did it.

Old 05-19-2015, 11:06 AM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hautemomma View Post

That's BS. People don't get raped because of their clothing style, but their cars do tend to get broken into when there's something of value inside which is visible to passersby. Your accusation against me is a false equivalence.

Last edited by JPD; 05-19-2015 at 11:31 AM..

Old 05-19-2015, 11:37 AM

2,862 posts, read 3,818,726 times
Quote:
That's BS. People don't get raped because of their clothing style, but their cars do get broken into when there's something of value inside. Your accusation against me is a falIse equivalence.
My parents always said do not leave anything, even loose change, in plain sight in your car. I have had some pretty decent cars that I have parked in some prety sketchy places but have nor had a problem. I have one former friend who refuses to lock his car doors anymore because of the number of time his cars have been broken into. I cannot vouch for has parked them, but he did not want anymore broken glass.

I think we should all just be careful. The OP is lucky they did not just take the car altigetger with hiim/her in it. I am not a criminal but think if I were, I'd just take the whole thing and sort out the details of what I wanted later.

Old 05-19-2015, 12:14 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,783,210 times
Quote:
That's BS. People don't get raped because of their clothing style, but their cars do tend to get broken into when there's something of value inside which is visible to passersby. Your accusation against me is a false equivalence.
Yes, her analogy was over the top. But, she knows how she left her car. The theifs were obviously after her in-dash radio/interactive-screen, and there really wasn't much she could do to hide that. You can still do everything right and still have bad things happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: