Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 07:32 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,859,920 times

Advertisements

Once Mims Park and the Proctor Creek Greenway gets developed, it will transform Vine City and English Ave into a more desirable place for those other than urban pioneers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2015, 07:57 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,308,673 times
I will be overjoyed the day when Tech Square...becomes a Tech Valley.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:18 AM

253 posts, read 303,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Once Mims Park and the Proctor Creek Greenway gets developed, it will transform Vine City and English Ave into a more desirable place for those other than urban pioneers.
True, my whole thing is ATL is tiny, so I would assume it would be beneficially to develop things that are less than 2 miles from Booming developments, but oh well we will see.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:18 AM

1,512 posts, read 1,962,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmereEsquire View Post
lol "Too Hood". I see people jogging with their dogs through Vine City nowadays, and the point of my post was could the boom spark development in those areas in regard developing them into intown neighborhoods that people would eventually want to go live in opposed to having to leave town to find a place to live.
I have NEVER seen people jogging with their dogs, and I drove through there twice daily up until about a month ago. I've seen people, yes, but that's certainly not what they're doing. I'll be sure to keep my eyes peeled for that in the future, though.

Quote:
People are talking like the distance from "Da Bluff" to Tech Square as if we are talking about driving from Downtown to Marietta. This is a major city people make commutes, so it is almost idiotic to say those areas are too far, as ATL is tiny as hell.
Nobody is really saying it's too far, we're just saying it's not "literally next to it" or "5 minutes" away like you said. It's certainly close enough to be a viable place for those people to work, but we have to get that slumlord over there to actually do something with his properties.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alco89 View Post
I have NEVER seen people jogging with their dogs, and I drove through there twice daily up until about a month ago. I've seen people, yes, but that's certainly not what they're doing. I'll be sure to keep my eyes peeled for that in the future, though.

Nobody is really saying it's too far, we're just saying it's not "literally next to it" or "5 minutes" away like you said. It's certainly close enough to be a viable place for those people to work, but we have to get that slumlord over there to actually do something with his properties.
I`m in the area all day everyday and have seen people jogging down Boone and on Sunset numerous times. I`m not saying the area is on East ATL level in regards to transforming, but it MUCH further along than it was prior. And you are correct imo the biggest issue are blighted properties that are owned by people who just want to sit on the land. There are a lot of Urban Pioneers in the area though.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:10 AM

364 posts, read 418,234 times
SMH, what's with people always saying places that are ghetto aren't ghetto. It always happens especially when people say more companies need to go from the north of ATL to the south.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
SMH, what's with people always saying places that are ghetto aren't ghetto. It always happens especially when people say more companies need to go from the north of ATL to the south.
"Ghetto" is code word on the net for ignorant people. Poverty is found in every group in America, impoverished Rural Communities are not Called "Ghetto". But thats another topic for another day.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:36 PM

749 posts, read 886,889 times
Quote:
"Ghetto" is code word on the net for ignorant people. Poverty is found in every group in America, impoverished Rural Communities are not Called "Ghetto". But thats another topic for another day.
Because impoverished rural communities are not "ghetto". The technical term you are looking for is "Bumble-F@#$".

Ghetto | Definition of ghetto by Merriam-Webster

noun ghet·to \ˈge-(ˌ)tō\

: a part of a city in which members of a particular group or race live usually in poor conditions

: the poorest part of a city

Old 05-21-2015, 12:42 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,784,018 times
Quote:
"Ghetto" is code word on the net for ignorant ____ people. Poverty is found in every group in America, impoverished Rural Communities are not Called "Ghetto". But thats another topic for another day.

You are missing a key work right here

Old 05-21-2015, 12:48 PM

364 posts, read 418,234 times
Ghetto is a poor urban area with high crime. Trailer Park, or Bumpkin might be the rural equivalent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta