Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 02:34 PM

7,579 posts, read 10,741,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
So, I can hang out at the airport all day, every day with as many assault weapons as my body can physically carry, but I can't wait in my car at the curb by baggage claim for 30 seconds waiting to pick up my wife.
The cops do get obnoxious around there, but I have to defend them a bit too. Flying as much as I do, I see way too many people try to sit there for awhile and no one understands how crowded it gets. Unless the person is waiting at the window looking outside or on curbside... it is never just 30 seconds.

I've had those moments where I'm waiting on my ride to pick my up and they waited at the cell phone lot until I called them, but there are too many people sitting blocking the right two most lanes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 02:50 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,265,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post

Let's see, northern transplants move in, then try and force their irrational hoplophobia on the rest of us...nope, thought it through all the way.
You have a very shortsighted view of history.

Old 06-04-2015, 03:08 PM

770 posts, read 602,333 times
All I want to know is, what are the laws on someone like this if they shoot a bystander in one of these inevitable attacks they claim to keep planning for, especially if there is proof of it.

There's a reason guns shouldn't be everywhere, it's chaos if something actually does happen.

Old 06-04-2015, 03:16 PM

7,351 posts, read 6,509,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post
That doesn't mean nothing. It provides information. It provides intent, which is pretty important in law. If anything it is telling that the Constitution framers go out of their way to provide intent, because they understand how important that clarification is and the potential for abuse.

The right to bear arms is for a well regulated militia, not some nut-job walking around the airport trying to get a stir out of people.

You should be really careful arguing in a cocky tone like that, because I think you might want to take your own advice on understanding the English language... and legal interpretation for that matter.
I understand "intent" and "meaning" very well. It is only relied on when there is ambiguity in the law. In this case, there is none.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
You have a very shortsighted view of history.
Care to enlighten us then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehaven View Post
All I want to know is, what are the laws on someone like this if they shoot a bystander in one of these inevitable attacks they claim to keep planning for, especially if there is proof of it.
It will all depend on the circumstances. Most likely, nothing unless the person was being clearly reckless which in a defensive shooting situation would be extremely hard to prove.
Quote:
There's a reason guns shouldn't be everywhere, it's chaos if something actually does happen.
Yes, the lawful gun carrier certainly just compounded the chaos here didn't he? Customer who returned fire at Rockdale County murder suspect called 'hero' | Rockdale Citizen

Old 06-04-2015, 03:17 PM

To add to that Hokiehaven, what really worries me is kind of like what happened with that incident in Florida...

There is a gray area many people don't want to discuss about when people feel threatened, endangered, and try to justify the use of a weapon.

When someone is walking around with a loaded assault rifle right in front of them like that, it doesn't take much for the movement of that man's hands to be immediately threatening to others.

There is even potential for two people to be shooting at each other, but in court they could logically claim they were defending themselves.

Also, if we mix that with the arrogance and lack of knowledge of the law of this man, things could get dangerous quick.

Old 06-04-2015, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
I understand "intent" and "meaning" very well. It is only relied on when there is ambiguity in the law. In this case, there is none.
You have two problems....

It is not only relied on in ambiguity. It is intent and purpose, which can direct how it should be regulated or not. There is a reason this was a state law change. It was never unconstitutional for the state to have had the laws that were previously on the books. This is actually a debate of state law if people wouldn't come in here butchering the constitution for their own purposes.

The second is there is still ambiguity on that part of the constitution. "Arms" are a far cry from what they use to be. Technically a nuclear warhead could be an a weapon, but we are not going to let the general public have access to them, but the purpose of the amendment was to form a well-regulated militia and it is unnecessary for individuals to carry nuclear warheads.

Just as it is unnecessary for someone to carry an assault rifle to an airport to pick up his daughter to be able to own a weapon and potentially be a part of a well regulated militia. This is why intent is crucial and it is very important and telling that the constitutional framers chose to comment on the intent directly in writing in the law on record.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:01 PM

9,515 posts, read 16,461,434 times
He looks like an arrogant jerk. His comment when asked about him frightening people in the airport was. "That is not my problem". Shows what a kind hearted load of trash he is. There is something wrong with him, and this constant gun culture is disgusting and out of control. It's as if being a peaceful person going about your business, is considered weak and un American now. Everything is the culture of guns and the rights to have guns. This man is a disgrace. He shouldn't have guns period, and gives a bad name to decent people that own them. I haven't worked at the Delta counter at the Atlanta Airport for many years now. However if I still did, and he came towards me with that damn rifle, and is allowed to walk away and its legal. It wouldn't last legal with me to long. I would have found a way to take Georgia's ignorant gun law to court. Enough is Enough of this bull. Innocent people are going to be killed for no reason, because of paranoid morons like that fool. Making his statement and a load of publicity for himself. If he can't go out in public without that rifle, or his other guns. Then he belongs in a mental hospital.

I think its high time people in this country start facing reality. Just what the hell kind of country are we running here, and how long can it go on with sicko's like this walking around. Along with the ignorant gun laws that help produce trash like this guy.

If I was his daughter pictured in the photo. I would be ashamed and embarrassed to be related to such a fool. However she is probably as messed up as he is. Another generation of fools.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:07 PM

1,979 posts, read 2,378,836 times
So I finally saw the video.

Dear mouthbreather - no cares about your lecture on your constitutional rights. Just begging for attention.

About 75% of my pro-gun control feelings are based on jerks like this feeling like they need to exert themselves on everyone around them.

The other 25% is well....guys running around with AR-15s and 100 round drums actively shooting people.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:29 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,561,167 times
Quote:

When someone is walking around with a loaded assault rifle right in front of them like that, it doesn't take much for the movement of that man's hands to be immediately threatening to others.

There is even potential for two people to be shooting at each other, but in court they could logically claim they were defending themselves.

Also, if we mix that with the arrogance and lack of knowledge of the law of this man, things could get dangerous quick.
Best thing that could happen to these provoking clowns is to have a couple of them shot by citizens who viewed them as a "Home Grown" Terrorist wanna be. Its more than a reasonable conclusion that a man e in an airport with an assault rifle is not running on all 8 cylinders, same as a guy in a Movie Theatre with and assault rifle.

Old 06-05-2015, 06:54 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,265,632 times
Quote:
The cops do get obnoxious around there, but I have to defend them a bit too. Flying as much as I do, I see way too many people try to sit there for awhile and no one understands how crowded it gets. Unless the person is waiting at the window looking outside or on curbside... it is never just 30 seconds.

I've had those moments where I'm waiting on my ride to pick my up and they waited at the cell phone lot until I called them, but there are too many people sitting blocking the right two most lanes.
The reason I brought up curbside pick-up is because since 9-11 it's been enforced mainly for security reasons. Convenience and or congestion relief was just an afterthought, or maybe not even a thought at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta