Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 10:55 AM

3,006 posts, read 2,629,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
How well does the Publix do?
It prints money
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2015, 11:02 AM

2,092 posts, read 3,224,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
A perfect spot for something similar to what Harry's in a Hurry used to be. And Savi Urban Market is coming to Peachtree, on the corner by the Margaret Mitchell house.

The neighborhood is filling in nicely.
This is great news. Do you know when it is scheduled to open?

Old 06-06-2015, 11:05 AM

2,092 posts, read 3,224,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
I agree, and it's apparently in redesign due to the easement issue with the neighboring building. It will also be taller than originally proposed.

This is my favorite highrise proposal for Midtown, and I'm almost convinced Publix is going to be the anchor retail tenant.
...that would be great...hope you're right...

Old 06-06-2015, 11:14 AM

416 posts, read 972,429 times
Glad to hear ITP is finally getting a big box chain

Old 06-06-2015, 07:57 PM

1,990 posts, read 2,361,554 times
Isn't there already a Publix in Midtown near that Tech Square development?

Old 06-06-2015, 08:34 PM

2,197 posts, read 2,260,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton white guy View Post
Yeah we've been through this a few times in the previous thread about it—the thing that makes this notable is the fact that it's a flagship store for Whole Foods, and the fact that it's in the urban, transit-accessible, walkable part of midtown.

Old 06-07-2015, 06:55 AM

749 posts, read 886,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban5 View Post
You sound like a dinosaur using phrases like "ITP", just saying.

Old 06-07-2015, 08:11 AM

32,022 posts, read 36,782,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban5 View Post
ITP has had gazillions of big box chains since there first were big box chains.

Why would it be any different from OTP?

Old 06-07-2015, 08:33 AM

1,582 posts, read 2,185,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton white guy View Post
There is also already a Whole Foods in Midtown but is built in a more typical suburban form. I agree with Magnetar that this is significant because of the its location in the urban core of Midtown. It's a highly popular retailer that will help attract other retail to the walkable district of the city and make living in the area even more appealing.

Old 06-07-2015, 10:25 AM

2,862 posts, read 3,821,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J2rescue View Post
There is also already a Whole Foods in Midtown but is built in a more typical suburban form. I agree with Magnetar that this is significant because of the its location in the urban core of Midtown. It's a highly popular retailer that will help attract other retail to the walkable district of the city and make living in the area even more appealing.
OK, I was about to say there is already a Whole Foods in Midtown, but I guess a second one couldn't hurt. Maybe I missing something, but the article seemed to be very carefully worded to not specifically say it would be a Whole Foods store but definitely a large organic grocery store. Just because the architects who built the other Whole Foods in the metro are bidding on the work and making a presentation does not necessarily mean they'll get it.

I'm so over Whole Foods though anyway. I'd actually prefer something using locally grown produce. I don't mean anything like a farmer's market, but can't Georgia come up with a name and supplies for its own organic grocery store?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta