U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 10:20 PM

28 posts, read 190,776 times

Advertisements

Even if some of these houses are good, the resale on them must be the worste.

I will take a tour of their community just to confirm some of the things I read online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 12:07 PM

7 posts, read 46,589 times
Homelife changed their name to Atreus 2 month ago because they were getting negative press/complaints about their homes. They also changed because in case you didnt know the owner is the brother of the owner at Legacy communities which has a better reputation so they wanted to distance themselves. They were also being outsold by Legacy. The floor plans are kinda the same but Legacy is the better product. Go to the Better Business Website and look up both, Homelife( Atreus) has more genuine complaints, while the brother company Legacy only has 2 legitimate complaints and they closed 2,000 homes last year. Research before you buy from any builder.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:08 PM

1 posts, read 7,892 times
Do you know if Atreus has a website? I was trying to find information about them.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:07 PM

162 posts, read 620,857 times
I to was looking at a Atreus community called Cameron Springs in Cobb when it was called Homelife. After reading some blogs on this site I will thoroughly investigate before I sign a contract.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:05 PM

3 posts, read 13,900 times
Default homelife

I hate to say this, but we are the problem and not homelife. If we as consumers demanded better they couldn't and wouldn't do this. Ever wonder why they don't build in a higher price range?????? Because they would have more problems getting away with all the shotty work. If you do a lexis-nexis search, the Beane brother (owners of homelife/Atreus homes) you'd be surprised at what you might find out about them and the number of lawsuits they are involved in. If you are really unsure what to do, find a reputable home inspector and ask them to view some repots that they have done in their communities, then decide if this is problematic for you or something you can live with. Also right now they won't tell you that if your agent gets you to buy a home from them that can close in 30 days or less they will recieve a 10k bonus from them. Wonder where the loyalty lies???????

Old 02-22-2008, 11:58 AM

11,319 posts, read 22,120,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony9393 View Post
I hate to say this, but we are the problem and not homelife. If we as consumers demanded better they couldn't and wouldn't do this.
Speak for yourself, please. I bought an older Wieland house, and that only after a very thorough home inspection.

Old 02-22-2008, 02:12 PM

35 posts, read 198,106 times
K'ledgeBldr and I have differed on this before. He had a bad experience, I had a good one.

I would simply look at them and compare them to other builders in the area. I bought from HomeLife (now Atreus - I think they changed because they were expanding into new cities like Raleigh) because they had a buyback guarantee. I didn't have to use it because I had just a few warranty items at my 2 and 10 month walkthru and they fixed them fine.

Just be careful and ask lots of questions. Good luck!

Old 02-22-2008, 09:22 PM

28 posts, read 190,776 times
Was in Atlanta last weekend 2/15 and I was very impressed by the Atreus homes (there paperwork still said Homelife) very spacious and great layouts.
Back in NY comparing prices and amenities and I am leaning towards Atreus, but will make sure to get a inspector and get repairs prior to closing.

The next best deal in my opinion was Legacy, but it seems they are related to Atreus in some ways, some floor plans were the same...

Is it possible for different builders to have the exact same floor plan (even the name of the plan)?

Old 02-25-2008, 12:05 PM

35 posts, read 198,106 times
Onsite agent in my Atreus neighorhood said it was because they were expanding into new markets and didn't hold the national trademark for "HomeLife."
And as I've posted previously, I've had no issues here in Riverbrooke and based on that can recommend Atreus to anyone.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:22 PM

5,441 posts, read 4,743,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armani123 View Post
Do you know if Atreus has a website? I was trying to find information about them.
atlanta homes, charlotte homes, phoenix homes, raleigh homes, albuquerque homes, new homes by Atreus Homes & Communities

With any builder, the home buyer needs to know how to maximize the purchase through strong negotiations when problems arise -- and they will arise. Don't get sold a home, buy a home! There's a difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or