U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 06:28 AM

1 posts

Advertisements

Atreus Homes is a scam company and they should be made accountable for the structural poor homes that they have built.

During our 1st year in our new home, when our house was supposed to be under warranty, we called Atreus to correct numerous problems. Needless to say, they were most inefficient. An example of their poor work would be that they had to come out to our home at least five times to repair a front door that allowed water to come in on the hardwood floor and make the floor bulk. They kept repairing the hardwood floor until I had to demand that they replace the door. (duh). Absolutely ridiculous.

Please keep in mind that we were having to take off work each time that they were called to correct problems that they created. In the interest of keeping this comment as brief as possible. I will just list some of the problems that we have experience with a brand new home within a three year period.

The Dishwasher was installed improperly. They have a big piece of wood placed at the entrance of the dishwater. They were called during the warranty period and the Sears Repairman stated that the dishwasher should be replaced. Of course, they refused to do it. As a result, our Dishwasher stop working within the next two years.

A pool of water accumulates and stands in our backyard when it rains.-Again they were informed of this issue when the house was under the first year warranty. To date, this issue remains.
The Refridgerator, Microwave, Heating, and Air Conditioning Unit stopped working and flooded the attic and went through the pipes leaving cracks and water stains on the ceiling in my daughter's room, the upstairs hall ceiling. Additionally, the water dripped down into the living room, leaving a crack and stain, and we don't know if the wall will cave in. This is another problem that their subcontractor Metro Mechanical were called to correct on numerous occasions, as the heat would not circulate into the Master Bathroom. One occassion one of the subcontractors admitted tripping over a wire and that caused one of many of the problems. Last, but not all they left our community (Oakfield Subdivision) with an HOA with By-laws that were created by Atreus Homes and they filed Bankruptcy, but the few individuals that decided to take over the HOA in our community also decided that they could change the cost of the HOA, as they saw fit, Additionally, I know on one occasion when they took our money to sue Management Company that we did authorize them to hire. The HOA that Atreus put in place should be removed and revised, as they filed bankruptcy. and my understanding of bankruptcy is that all of your debts are discharged and anything that you created or owned prior to filing Bankruptcy is also discharged. This includes the HOA By-laws. Further, there are three builders in this community and each builder had a different HOA requirement. This situation has caused great problems for our community, Thus, all of a sudden approximately two or three years ago a builder came into our community and built an overwhelming amount rental houses that were originally supposedly owned by Colony Homes, and I suspect that Home Life Communities/Atreus Homes/Wilson Parker had something to do with this venture that has lowered the value of our property that we were overcharged for initially. Further, this community was impacted significantly by the Real Estate slump that occurred in 2009. Therefore, many of us are significantly underwater and cannot sell our homes. I propose that every homeowner that was affected by this unscrupulous builder to file a class action suit. Is anyone out there with me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or