U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2008, 03:19 PM

4 posts, read 61,251 times

Advertisements

We're moving down to the Marietta/Roswell area later this year and went to visit a few daycares/preschools last week. Creme de la Creme really seemed the best. (We also looked at Primrose, which seemed just a step above KinderCare and Primary Prep Academy, which was ok). Can local residents tell me if Creme really is the best? Worth the money? Are there others we should look at? Our kids are 1 and 3. Ideally, I'd like them in the same location. Thanks for your help.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 07:10 PM

210 posts, read 680,002 times
Look into Goddard School. My kids have done extremely well in their preschool.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:22 PM

3,061 posts, read 6,585,042 times
It has been several years since I tried Creme de la Creme, but my conclusion at the time was a solid "NO" it is not worth the money. The administration may be a bit more polished than some other centers, but the day to day staff is on the same caliber of most day care centers. Some fantastic, loving caregivers and a few ladies who need to find a new line of work. My biggest gripe was over uniforms. It seems very developmentally inappropriate to have toddlers and preschoolers wear uniforms. This is an age when they are supposed to be learning independence and dressing just like everyone else is contrary to that goal. If a three year old wants to wear a Batman costume to preschool - go for it

Old 01-23-2008, 12:17 PM

281 posts, read 966,639 times
NO I moved them from CdC to a Discovery Point.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:30 PM

115 posts, read 378,893 times
Depends on what you're looking for. In terms of a daycare, I have found it to be one of the better ones. They keep the student teacher ratio down, and the turnover of staff (and students) is better than a lot of other centers. They also offer more programming than other places and the children get to move around the school more (rather than just staying in one room all day). Also, at least among the intown centers, it is certainly more expensive, but it is not as big a difference as people thing (that pricing by the week can be tricky). However, if you're just looking for a preschool, I'd look elsewhere. The pricing (I think) really only makes sense if you're staying all day and there are plenty of great preschools.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:30 AM

Thanks, all. To clarify, I'm not just looking for daycare/babysitting. I really do want my kids to be in an active learning environment. Happy to spend the money if they really will be engaged and challenged and enjoy their time.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:43 PM

115 posts, read 378,893 times
Still not sure you mean you're looking for all day care or not. If so, I think Creme fits the bill. My daughter has been going there for over 2 years and knows more than most other kids her age and loves the school. She has been very upset that she'll have to move on in a year or two!

Old 01-29-2008, 06:42 AM

4 posts, read 35,263 times
There are many other church organized pre-schools that perhaps offer schooling that is less packaged/marketed than the leading commercial day care centers. My children when to Northbrook Methodist in Roswell. It was a really good experience for them. It was an "accredited" preschool when most church schools seemed not to be. There is always a waitlist to get in, but once one child gets in all the siblings get in automatically.

For our youngest, we moved her to Kids R Kids for her last year as part of the Georgia Pre-K program...that means free! It was really just babysitting though. Northbrook was soooooo much better.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:51 AM

1,516 posts, read 6,190,036 times
No. Plenty of wonderful preschools in Atlanta with nurturing teachers that don't rob you by charging an arm and a leg. Just because milk is served in china goblets doesn't make the milk any better...get what I'm saying?

Old 01-29-2008, 02:38 PM

Hi, and thanks for all of the feedback. Yes, we are both executives and need full time care in a highly educational yet equally fun setting. Yankeegirl, can you tell me which Creme your daughter is in? We visited the one in Marietta. And also one in Roswell, which I think will be too far away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or