Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2018, 07:59 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,636,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton white guy View Post
Not a fan of ALDI, the locations I have visited (Jonesboro, Fayetteville, Stockbridge) never seem to be very clean, have a strange, horrible smell, and sell a strange hodge podge of goods for sell that are NOT FOOD! You would think, given their average small footprint, that they would not give so much floor space to heaters, straw hats, garden tools, and frying pans.
This isn't specific to Aldi.

For some reason, it's a common theme for a lot of the national chain stores / restaurants on the Southside to be poorly run. I can think of several other places here in Newnan that leave much to be desired.

I'm not sure if it's because they struggle to find good employees, or because of poor management at these locations, or because corporate doesn't bother to invest time/money in running these low volume stores efficiently, or all of the above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2018, 09:28 AM

1,697 posts, read 2,239,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
This isn't specific to Aldi.

For some reason, it's a common theme for a lot of the national chain stores / restaurants on the Southside to be poorly run. I can think of several other places here in Newnan that leave much to be desired.
The Aldi I went into a few times in Roswell was terrible. Rotten produce, pool noodles and goods so low quality I'd think they came from a dollar store. I've heard people say it's a good store chain, but I've never bought anything there worth purchasing again, and I gave them several chances.

With that being said, other chains do tend to allow much lower quality stock and condition in their stores in low income areas. I'd understand having a building that's not as glitzy, but it's a shame that they seem to send old produce to these stores.

I'd like to see a specialty grocer in Underground to give it character, but I can't afford to do much shopping at those kinds of places. I think a nicely stocked Kroger would do the most for the neighborhood, as people could buy everything they need for a reasonable price.

I think that Underground will have to carefully balance affordability and quality. I look forward to hearing what kinds of restaurants and retail they bring in.

Old 06-26-2018, 10:14 PM

1,990 posts, read 2,343,116 times
Well, Fayettevile CERTAINLY isn't a "low income" community with their NASTY, smelly Aldi, but the Jonesboro location (19/41 at 138) and the Stockbridge location (North Henry Boulevard) are in more working to lower middle class areas. That being said, since people in these communities work just as hard for their money, they deserve a nice, clean place to shop even if the merchandising is different. Locally owned Weyfield Foods, for instance, seems to have rather nice stores regardless of their locations, and many of those are is some VERY low income communities.

Old 06-27-2018, 05:10 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,711,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton white guy View Post
Well, Fayettevile CERTAINLY isn't a "low income" community with their NASTY, smelly Aldi, but the Jonesboro location (19/41 at 138) and the Stockbridge location (North Henry Boulevard) are in more working to lower middle class areas. That being said, since people in these communities work just as hard for their money, they deserve a nice, clean place to shop even if the merchandising is different. Locally owned Weyfield Foods, for instance, seems to have rather nice stores regardless of their locations, and many of those are is some VERY low income communities.
Yeah what about a Wayfield at Underground?

Old 08-14-2018, 10:39 AM

10,974 posts, read 10,816,726 times
Local artists lend Underground Atlanta vibrant, highly visible upgrade | Curbed

Old 08-14-2018, 11:49 AM

16,644 posts, read 29,343,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
Yeah what about a Wayfield at Underground?
That would be good.

Old 08-14-2018, 03:39 PM

821 posts, read 720,639 times
That’s nice but let’s be honest. Nothing will change until the poor homeless people are pushed out.

Old 08-15-2018, 06:28 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,731,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlHawks View Post
That’s nice but let’s be honest. Nothing will change until the poor homeless people are pushed out.
Send them to Cobb!

Old 08-15-2018, 06:37 AM

616 posts, read 546,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Send them to Cobb!
Nah, better yet send them to that dump of Kirkwood!

Old 08-15-2018, 06:41 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,731,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC2ATL60 View Post
Nah, better yet send them to that dump of Kirkwood!
I was referring to Cobb Commissioners plan to build a tent city, I just want them to get the help they need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta