Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 02:59 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,874,004 times

Advertisements

TJ maxx is pretty affordable; i'm not crazy about chains either but it could have been something way worse. i hope this is a positive sign that they are aiming at the existing community that's under-served by retail instead of playing the gentrification game and pricing people out. hopefully we get some local stores or some kind of market space for people from these communities to sell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2018, 03:00 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,948,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forhall View Post
For underground, yes actually. It opens the door for other chains. It also sets the "tone" for the development.
No it doesn't. If you thought this development wasn't going to have ANY chains, then you were being quite unrealistic. The fact of the matter is that it often takes a national chain to jumpstart retail in a development of this size and scope and provide the foot traffic needed for smaller, locally-based retailers to then enter the area and succeed.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:54 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,931,600 times
There may not be space for one at Underground, but I think a City Target would do very well Downtown.

Old 10-04-2018, 10:24 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,874,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
There may not be space for one at Underground, but I think a City Target would do very well Downtown.
i used to think the old rich's building on broad would be a good spot for target, but they would probably want to gut the building.

would love to see it become a retail store again— but keeping the historic interior.

(fyi: the building is a federal government building now)

Old 10-04-2018, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
i used to think the old rich's building on broad would be a good spot for target, but they would probably want to gut the building.

would love to see it become a retail store again— but keeping the historic interior.

I'm with you, though. I still miss Rich's and Davison's/Macy's.

Oh, I know. It's part of the new Federal building complex that wraps around that hideous McDonald's. I'm just so glad they saved it and restored it so beautifully.

A City Target would be perfect there though, and it would only take up the first two floors. They really aren't too big.

Old 10-04-2018, 10:43 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,526,453 times
Quote:
Oh, I know. It's part of the new Federal building complex that wraps around that hideous McDonald's. I'm just so glad they saved it and restored it so beautifully.

A City Target would be perfect there though, and it would only take up the first two floors. They really aren't too big.
Or, take all the floors and make it a Super Target.

Old 10-04-2018, 10:47 PM

That would be very cool, but I don't think we're quite there yet. The changes coming to South Downtown are going to blow people away in a couple of years, I'm pretty excited about it all.

Old 10-05-2018, 04:04 AM

1,005 posts, read 729,188 times
TJM is thriving and solid, so it is cool if one would open there— all bets considering. Even more excited by the possibilities of this “hyperlocal” grocery store and movie theatre. Atlanta needs more movie theaters. And fewer gaps in grocery store options. Sounds like it is coming along. With all this development, I wonder how successfully they can price their student housing, which I am bummed most about but understand why they would set some there.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:10 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,863,148 times
Quote:
An ALDI would be a great fit for Underground Atlanta. Not a huge footprint, fresh produce, healthy food options, competitive prices, and $15/hr wages.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:26 AM

47 posts, read 35,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post

Would it kill them to fix the window under the clock that's been broken for months?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta