Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 11:34 AM

56 posts, read 117,476 times

Advertisements

I have to say that I am more than stoked to have a Publix here. I live about a mile and half away down Spring and it takes a bit to get over to the one off Paces Ferry. It doesn't take forever or anything but enough to be annoying. That Publix is always super crowded on the weekends. I will definitely be using this new Publix on a regular basis. I hope they put some good fun restaurants in as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2016, 01:18 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,161,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Yeah, there's a Publix right down the road. This should have been A-hole Foods.
just kidding!

Anywho... what about the NW corner of Concord (which Spring turns into), and King Springs?

Seems like something was started before the Great Recession, and then ground to a halt. Could put my interweb hat on, but figured someone here might know?

Old 05-10-2016, 02:54 PM

1,329 posts, read 1,313,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarbundy View Post
just kidding!

Anywho... what about the NW corner of Concord (which Spring turns into), and King Springs?

Seems like something was started before the Great Recession, and then ground to a halt. Could put my interweb hat on, but figured someone here might know?
Ha, I have been wondering the same thing. That parcel with partially complete steel framing has been sitting there in its current state for the longest time. With all the other development this area has seen in the last 2-3 years, it's puzzling that nothing has happened with that parcel.

I am glad to see a new Publix going in at Jonquil, though I think they could do even better by putting one on Roswell Street or the South Loop in Downtown Marietta. The area is booming with high density, high income development and the nearest Publix or Kroger is 10+ minutes away.

Old 05-10-2016, 02:59 PM

2,530 posts, read 4,770,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarbundy View Post
just kidding!

The city bought that land and then eventually had it under contract to sell

Now you are going to make me go on a hunt to find out what happened to the contract.

Old 05-10-2016, 03:24 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,136,874 times
I remember that the city bought. However what can be done would be limited.

Old 05-10-2016, 04:44 PM

2,530 posts, read 4,770,199 times
The address is 1151 Concord Road

And the city website indicates it is under contract

City of Smyrna, GA : Redevelopment Sites

In 2013, there was a vote to sell to Peacock Partnership for medical offices - not sure if that is still the plan

Old 02-04-2017, 09:35 AM

16 posts, read 26,481 times
Looks like we're getting the standard stripmall-esque options moving in. Disappointing...

Credit Union
Nail Salon
Great Clips
Willy's
Dentist office
Newk's

Smyrna GA: Jonquil - Retail Space -

Old 02-04-2017, 10:02 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,759,555 times
Maybe not the ne plus ultra of hip retail but those places are the bread and butter of daily life.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:10 AM

16 posts, read 26,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Maybe not the ne plus ultra of hip retail but those places are the bread and butter of daily life.
It just feels like there's a desire and a market for more local, interesting options in the central Smyrna area. I mean look at Porchlight it's packed every night. I guess I had high hopes that we might be able to draw some more local entrepreneurs who saw the opportunity out here. Even the dentist's office is a national franchise (Pacific Dental).

At least Wade's is still in the works down Concord and that might spawn additional offerings depending on how it does.

Old 02-04-2017, 11:10 AM

9,830 posts, read 7,253,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aclockma View Post
Looks like we're getting the standard stripmall-esque options moving in. Disappointing...

Credit Union
Nail Salon
Great Clips
Willy's
Dentist office
Newk's

Smyrna GA: Jonquil - Retail Space -
Wow, super disappointing.

Willy's? Seriously? There's already one right down the street on Cumberland Pkwy, and another right over off Powers Ferry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta