Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2015, 01:16 AM

150 posts, read 151,920 times

Advertisements

Its not Obama's fault anymore. Its Zuckerburg's fault. Blame facebook for all of this exploitation of idiocy.

Old 07-15-2015, 01:17 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,850,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemanarmy View Post
Is it not possible to for an organization to do both, since when have the NAACP abandoned the issues you are concerned about, and all of those issues are American problems and not isolated to Black Folks.
uh, since when is systemic racism a white people problem?

Old 07-15-2015, 01:29 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,850,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
"don't f*** with the Bull boy, you might get the horn"
Quote:
Vermin? Where in my post did I use the word Vermin? But now that you mention it comparing these whiners to "Vermin" is an insult to Rats.
this sounds strikingly similar to a quote from medger evers' assassin byron de la beckwith:

"I would never kill a deer as it was one of God’s beautiful creations, but now a n****r, well that’s another story."

but you can't say that in 2015? can you?

Old 07-15-2015, 01:45 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,747,401 times
By this logic, if you drive a VW, Porsche, Audi, BMW, Mercedes, and Maybach, even Ferrari, Ford, and Fiat should all be burnt down to the ground, because their association with Nazi Germany.

I mean, VW, who participated with Nazi party back in WWII, who also owns Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, SEAT, and Volvo. So if this logic about tearing down a mountain because what happened before you were born is true, you should go burn those cars down.

You should really be upset at, Kodak, who used slave laborers from the concentration camp during WWII, Hugo Boss, who actually designed the Nazi's uniform (Hugo Boss was a party member), Bayer, who actually manufactured (they say now they invested heavily in the company) the poisonous gas for the Nazi gas chambers (Zyklon B Gas), Siemens who made the gas chambers, Coca Cola who played the both sides during the war, Ford who sponsored Nazi party financially during the war to a point where Henry Ford received a Grand Cross of the German Eagle from Nazi Party on his 75th Birthday (US gov said it's ridiculous, which Henry Ford said he did not like totalitarian government)- and maybe we should start burning all of the Fords according this logic about Stone Mountain, and I can go on for days. Chase Bank sided with Nazis during the WWII, freezing European Jewish Customers accounts, and basically giving Hitler a sort of a BJ, not before, but during the war.

Why does this mountain or a flag matter? What I'm finding is people who weren't even born to experience what has happened before, just being brainwashed by the media to believe that most of the movies are real, and that's how it really happened are just getting angry.

Who are you angry at? The family who likes laser shows or anybody who's white that doesn't associate themselves with racism, who just wants to live a good life without looking at people that way, because they have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, and all different races? The government? Who? I just don't understand this whole thing. Are you angry at the people who died really long time ago? Do you want me to bring them as a zombie, so they can be tried to die again?

Everyone fail to actually look at the history to see how everything really happened, to arrive at their own conclusions. Someone said something, and it's easy to understand and easy to get angry at, and that's how a civilization fails.

And nobody wants to say this, but I'll say it. Because apparently according to this logic, my people have been through more hell than most. If you think slavery in America was bad, you have no idea how bad it was for other slaved nations. Unit 731. And those monsters who experimented on living human being succeeded in United States, because they wanted both Japan and Germany's human experiment files, in exchange they were given a house, money for research, tax break, and they eventually prospered in US. Your neighbor can be the descendant of someone who gut a live human being without anesthesia.

But at that time, it was legal. Slavery was legal, and illegal occupation and treatment of the people were legal (legal because that's how the world works. Conquers make up rules with congress and put it in writing to the history to justify their actions, until they lose). Do you ever see Asian's getting angry at the US government? No. They just slowly get control of their economics, and one day they'll just take it away from them at will. Quote me on this, there is a reason why you all like German, and Asian things over American things. Eventually, the atonement will be done in more painful way. But they don't complain. Complaining are for sore losers.

Just think about this. For today's standard, your iPhone was made by someone who's work environment was so bad, almost like slavery in some sense, that they are willing to throw themselves off a tall building then to live.

I'm pretty sure, in 20 years, people are going to believe that Back to the Future was a documentary, and because someone will work hard to take over by force, and make that a law.

Slavery isn't a new thing, btw. It started in Greece, to Turkey, Rome, Portugal, England, Ghana, Mali, Egypt, and Korea, Russian, and persian, and it goes on and on in the history of Slaves, and they're not all black people, but basically all race, color, and gender equally. Yes, the god hated all of us equally in the history's eyes, regardless of age, gender, race, and sex. He was the original equal opportunity offender.

This place.

Last edited by Plokivos; 07-15-2015 at 02:29 AM..

Old 07-15-2015, 02:36 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,747,401 times
In case you want something about who benefited from Black Slavery in America:

Lehman Brothers - They made a lot of money off of your great, great, great, great, parents.

Aetna - They insured the lives of the slaves to the slave owners.

JPMorgan Chase - Twice on the list with helping the Nazi and taking slavery as a collateral on a loan, and selling them off when the owners couldn't pay back the loan.

New York Life - wrote insurance for the owners for their slaves and made tons of money off of it, for years.

Wachovia - They accepted black slaves as payments.

Ok, maybe half of these are half of true, because I just looked up few things, and it's not true, so I stop.

But you get my point. Just go take them down as well. They sponsored slavery. And you know what? They might still be sponsoring slavery, just like that big dead rock in Stone Mountain is.

If you ask me, I have no idea who's on that mountain face, and it was always distracting to the laser show, so I don't care either way. But my complain is that it takes away from the laser show, more than who they are. Most people who go there thinks they're Lincoln and George Washington on the face of that mountain.

Last edited by Plokivos; 07-15-2015 at 02:50 AM..

Old 07-15-2015, 06:16 AM

23,390 posts, read 43,926,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
No offense to anyone, but as a black male. The NAACP should be a more proactive organization. When a organization is always reactive to the latest new story it demonstrates ineffectiveness. lack of true vision, and a organization model that is outdated and not respected. Organizations like the NAACP and others should focus on community solutions to resolves issues like the break down of black families with the lack of fathering, second chance employment for those getting out of jail, current STD's crisis, and horrible disrespect and generational dis-unity within our own culture.

The NAACP model was good for the 1960's, but times have drastically change.
Best post I've read in some time.

Old 07-15-2015, 06:36 AM

37,835 posts, read 41,708,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
No offense to anyone, but as a black male. The NAACP should be a more proactive organization. When a organization is always reactive to the latest new story it demonstrates ineffectiveness. lack of true vision, and a organization model that is outdated and not respected. Organizations like the NAACP and others should focus on community solutions to resolves issues like the break down of black families with the lack of fathering, second chance employment for those getting out of jail, current STD's crisis, and horrible disrespect and generational dis-unity within our own culture.

The NAACP model was good for the 1960's, but times have drastically change.
Actually the NAACP does all of that and has been for a long time. However they don't make for sensational headlines so they don't get reported on or get very little coverage.

Don't fall into the trap bruh.

Advocacy & Issues | NAACP

Old 07-15-2015, 06:42 AM

16,662 posts, read 29,413,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Actually the NAACP does all of that and has been for a long time. However they don't make for sensational headlines so they don't get reported on or get very little coverage.

Don't fall into the trap bruh.

Advocacy & Issues | NAACP

Amen.

Old 07-15-2015, 07:28 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,258,000 times
1. Unless someone figures out a way to remove it via vandalism, the carving will remain.

2. Anyone who has been to the laser show knows that the lasers bring these characters to life while patriotic music plays and a grand finale of fireworks go off. That is clearly a glorification of the people in the carving. You're thick if you think otherwise.

Old 07-15-2015, 07:40 AM

23,390 posts, read 43,926,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
1. Unless someone figures out a way to remove it via vandalism, the carving will remain.

2. Anyone who has been to the laser show knows that the lasers bring these characters to life while patriotic music plays and a grand finale of fireworks go off. That is clearly a glorification of the people in the carving. You're thick if you think otherwise.
Re: #1. Wouldn't surprise me at all. Isn't that how things are done these days?
Re: #2. The show when I last saw it was embarrassingly dated and in some serious need of reinvention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta