Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2015, 12:54 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,853,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
A great post as well, by the way.
Your friendship and support, cyber bound as it is, really means a lot to me.

Old 07-16-2015, 01:29 PM

559 posts, read 832,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
I would never push anyone away from meeting with me as equals in the discussion on race/skin color tribalism and how to solve it.

What gets me is when people come at me with this superficial mainstream media view of race where the game is "if you don't talk about racism, ergo it don't exist/colorblind" fakery.

And try to used that thought process to downplay the whole issue...and then try to intimidate people who speak on their experiences with white supremacy into silence...the people who continue to suffer economically, politically and socially for those experiences.

That's when I call "hacks".

And I don't hold back.

Keep it real, is all I am saying.

Leave all pretense and contrived hackery at the door when it comes to discussing racism and skin color tribalism.

Keep it real all you want. And by all means, don't hold back.

But, if/when you start blaming white America for black America's economic, political, and social suffering .... your argument will lose its credibility. Instantly.

Just a tip.

Old 07-16-2015, 01:52 PM

16,679 posts, read 29,499,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgPark View Post

But, if/when you start blaming white America for black America's economic, political, and social suffering .... your argument will lose its credibility. Instantly.

What?!?

He does not need credibility from you--or from any other White American. As if.

What matters is the truth--whether you like it or not.

http://www.derailingfordummies.com

https://abagond.wordpress.com/2011/0...ilege-mindset/

http://goodmenproject.com/featured-c...t-racism-twlm/

Last edited by aries4118; 07-16-2015 at 02:16 PM..

Old 07-16-2015, 01:58 PM

16,679 posts, read 29,499,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Your friendship and support, cyber bound as it is, really means a lot to me.

Always, Brother Marks.

Saintmarks...a brother who gets it. (See post immediately above)

Old 07-16-2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
What?!?

He does not need credibility from you--or any other White American. As if.

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought the OP actually wanted to HELP the racial situation in this country.

You affect change in societies with intelligence and strategy ... not anger and blaming other people for your problems. That closes doors to open dialogue and only makes your opposition defensive.

MLK was the epitome of this and he helped to change the world.

You never elevate your cause by tearing down its opposition.

Old 07-16-2015, 02:07 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times
Quote:
Oh, I'm sorry. I thought the OP actually wanted to HELP the racial situation in this country.

You affect change in societies with intelligence and strategy ... not anger and blaming other people for your problems. That closes doors to open dialogue and only makes your opposition defensive.

MLK was the epitome of this and he helped to change the world.

You never elevate your cause by tearing down its opposition.
Oh MLK agitated the White power structure of his day consistently and intensely, make no mistake about it. All of his speeches weren't of the Kumbaya variety; if they were so innocuous, he would have never been assassinated.

Old 07-16-2015, 02:10 PM

Quote:
What?!?

He does not need credibility from you--or any other White American. As if.

The truth on the one white American who hurt black America the most ... economically, politically, and socially.

Hint - he isn't on Stone Mountain.

LBJ's 'War on Poverty' Hurt Black Americans

Old 07-16-2015, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Oh MLK agitated the White power structure of his day consistently and intensely, make no mistake about it. All of his speeches weren't of the Kumbaya variety; if they were so innocuous, he would have never been assassinated.
Compare MLK's speeches to that of Malcolm X or the Black Panthers. Agitation is good. Stimulating change is good. Attacking "White America" is a losing strategy from the outset.

And MLK was assassinated by a dumb redneck. They were far more numerous back in April, 1968.

Old 07-16-2015, 02:15 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,853,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Just adding this as part of the conversation so not a tit for tat or a correction....

To me, the greatest thing MLK did to win over the hearts of whites was his Letter from the Birmingham Jail. In it, he appealed to the local white ministers of the day on the basis of the authority of scripture to which they both held as the ultimate truth.

Were all white preachers (and other leaders) swayed? Of course not. But many, many site this as the best work of his and the turning point in their own hearts and minds. I had more than one professor at Samford (in Birmingham, SBC instituion as it is) testify to this.

So, no, many whites were not swayed and never were. But more than not were challenged and ultimately changed in heart and mind. I promise this is true no matter what is promulgated. We must believe this.

Old 07-16-2015, 02:16 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times
Quote:
Compare MLK's speeches to that of Malcolm X or the Black Panthers. Agitation is good. Stimulating change is good. Attacking "White America" is a losing strategy from the outset.
Sure, which would you like to compare? We can go down this road if you'd really like to. And please don't start with "I Have a Dream;" it's a shame people think that's the only speech he ever gave.

Quote:
And MLK was assassinated by a dumb redneck. They were far more numerous back in April, 1968.
And he was also under constant surveillance by the FBI. Again, that doesn't happen for somebody who tours the country just giving Sunday School lessons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta