Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 12:17 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,128,454 times

Advertisements

The Related Group confirms Midtown tower, flagship Whole Foods Market

Quote:
Miami’s The Related Group on Tuesday confirmed its plans to build a mixed-use tower anchored by a flagship Whole Foods Market on a prime corner in Midtown.
The 38-story building at 14th and West Peachtree streets will include 390 upscale apartments and a multi-level, 70,000-square-foot Whole Foods.
The Related Group confirms Midtown tower, flagship Whole Foods Market - Atlanta Business Chronicle

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 12:38 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,961,918 times
Sooooo I guess they don't have to model the facade after One Atlantic Center's?

Old 07-14-2015, 12:47 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,223,391 times
I have been waiting on an update about this...thanks for posting!

Old 07-14-2015, 12:49 PM

747 posts, read 1,543,807 times
THRILLED that a whole foods is going in. I know I'm going to get crap for this, but the blank walls facing 14th are pathetic.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:51 PM

1,979 posts, read 2,382,336 times
That looks very "Oceanside condo".

And can someone clear this up for me?

Is this supposed to be going on the corner where Starbucks and Einsteins and Carolyns are supposed to be (where construction is now), or is it going across the street from that in what is now a parking lot, on 14th between Spring and Williams?

The previous ABC article - made it seem like it was going on that parking lot corner.

But this rendering clearly shows 14th at West Peachtree with the Four Seasons in the background.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryska View Post

Is this supposed to be going on the corner where Starbucks and Einsteins and Carolyns are supposed to be (where construction is now), or is it going across the street from that in what is now a parking lot, on 14th between Spring and Williams?

The previous ABC article - made it seem like it was going on that parking lot corner.

But this rendering clearly shows 14th at West Peachtree with the Four Seasons in the background.
Across from the street from the smaller Atlantic building. The other apartment tower that will look like the Atlantic Buildings from Novare will go where the Einsteins used to be at so two different apartment buildings.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:00 PM

747 posts, read 1,543,807 times
Quote:

It's the same architect who does all the great work for Novare, so yeah...

Old 07-14-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Across from the street from the smaller Atlantic building. The other apartment tower that will look like the Atlantic Buildings from Novare will go where the Einsteins used to be at so two different apartment buildings.
So in google earth view it will be going where the Red X is in this picture? If so - traffic is gonna be messy. I suppose no messier than the other corners, but people are really going to need to know which exit out they will need to take to get to where they want to go. Also no direct path to the highway unless you go down spring to 10th. Which is a rough way intersection to begin with. If they could get a cut-through to Williams it might be better.

Not that drivers are the main priorirty, but they will come from someplace requiring the Interstates as well, I'm sure.
Attached Thumbnails
The Related Group confirms Midtown tower, flagship Whole Foods Market-capture.jpg  

Old 07-14-2015, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koko339 View Post
It's the same architect who does all the great work for Novare, so yeah...

haha - true. Seriously though - I'm wondering why there is nothing being built on top of the whole foods. They could double their density doing that.

Old 07-14-2015, 02:24 PM

Quote:
So in google earth view it will be going where the Red X is in this picture? If so - traffic is gonna be messy. I suppose no messier than the other corners, but people are really going to need to know which exit out they will need to take to get to where they want to go. Also no direct path to the highway unless you go down spring to 10th. Which is a rough way intersection to begin with. If they could get a cut-through to Williams it might be better.

Not that drivers are the main priorirty, but they will come from someplace requiring the Interstates as well, I'm sure.
That's correct, but it'll take that whole parking lot because the whole foods will be going on the other half. Traffic will be a mess....well I mean it's bad now, but still. An injection of over 700 units on that intersection alone because the Novare project is over 400 units and this is over 300 units. Add that with the whole foods and it's going to be a total mess.

If 98t 14th Street begins, that's 1200 units alone from that project so 14th street would get nearly 2k units within 2-3 blocks of each other. Traffic would be insanely nightmarish. We're talking Manhattan/Paris levels of street traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta