Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 12:03 PM

687 posts, read 744,871 times

Advertisements

Walked thru PCM yesterday, the food hall is gonna be legit. Atlanta is getting its cool on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 01:16 PM

253 posts, read 303,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
I woud bet anybody on this board, or anybody in the world, $1,000 that if Ponce City Market did have a Chick-fil-a in it's food hall that it would have more volume, revenue, and profit margin than any other offering there.
After CFA takes NYC by storm I think it can finally have the crown as GOAT Fast Food spot.

Old 09-08-2015, 02:53 PM

219 posts, read 270,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travbo View Post
I've heard the pricing models at Ponce are going to be 10-15% premium in comparison to Krog.
Good. This will keep the poors out, like those complaining about Krog's 'high' prices.

And LOL to the Chickfila comment. Sounds like someone that lives OTP and eats CFA every day for lunch in their car in the back of the employee lot and throws the empty nugget boxes on the floor of the passenger side of their 2002 PT Cruiser.

Old 09-08-2015, 06:14 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,238,029 times
The Farm to Ladel place was open today. May check it out when I have 20 minutes to stand in a line. Spiller Park coffee has a temporary stand open. I saw a bunch of employees gearing up in the H&F Burger spot, they look like they are just about ready to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripTychTwo View Post
And LOL to the Chickfila comment. Sounds like someone that lives OTP and eats CFA every day for lunch in their car in the back of the employee lot and throws the empty nugget boxes on the floor of the passenger side of their 2002 PT Cruiser.
I work there and a lot the people, including myself, would take a CFA over anything that is coming in a heartbeat. I mean, everything looks pretty exciting, but when it comes down to it, CFA is the right price/quality/speed ratio for lunch. People generally don't have $12 - $15 for lunch. I'm not really complaining, but I certainly wish a CFA was coming in.

As far as parking goes, the first five hours are apparently free with the ParkMobile app. They keep repeating that and they never say it is a one time use. I would check that out. Parking near the rear entrance is free for 30 mins. I would be cautious not paying, those parking folks just stand guard and watch for people coming in and out. It's crazy.

Old 09-08-2015, 06:34 PM

1,582 posts, read 2,185,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post
Missing prices always mean way over my budget
The chef had said he wanted the prices to be reasonable but considering that they will likely be able to print money with the business they will do, its safe to assume this will be more expensive than your typical chicken joint.

Old 09-08-2015, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetar View Post
Missing prices mean the sample menu was published like a year before the place opened, it's a little early to commit to prices.

If you can't see a distinction between the places at KSM and a fast food restaurant, why not save yourself the money? Easier parking for the rest of us.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
The Farm to Ladel place was open today. May check it out when I have 20 minutes to stand in a line. Spiller Park coffee has a temporary stand open. I saw a bunch of employees gearing up in the H&F Burger spot, they look like they are just about ready to go!
From what I've read, Spiller park will only operate a kiosk so its not temporary.

Old 09-08-2015, 06:49 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,238,029 times
Per this description, it is going to actually be a shop with 25+ seats. Right now it is a small kiosk.

More Details on Spiller Park Coffee, Hugh Acheson's Ponce City Market Coffeeshop - Eater Atlanta

Old 09-08-2015, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Per this description, it is going to actually be a shop with 25+ seats. Right now it is a small kiosk.

More Details on Spiller Park Coffee, Hugh Acheson's Ponce City Market Coffeeshop - Eater Atlanta
Gotcha. I just read that their permanent location is not yet finished.

Old 09-09-2015, 05:32 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,863,148 times
Quote:

I work there and a lot the people, including myself, would take a CFA over anything that is coming in a heartbeat. I mean, everything looks pretty exciting, but when it comes down to it, CFA is the right price/quality/speed ratio for lunch. People generally don't have $12 - $15 for lunch. I'm not really complaining, but I certainly wish a CFA was coming in.

As far as parking goes, the first five hours are apparently free with the ParkMobile app. They keep repeating that and they never say it is a one time use. I would check that out. Parking near the rear entrance is free for 30 mins. I would be cautious not paying, those parking folks just stand guard and watch for people coming in and out. It's crazy.
They need to offer the shuttle to visitors, on the weekends and evenings.

Old 09-10-2015, 04:48 PM

Apparently Hop's is opening tonight. Rather is has already opened at 5 pm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: