Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 08:00 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,777,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
Welcome to Atlanta arjay.
I'm pretty sure he's been here awhile?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2015, 08:04 PM

31,993 posts, read 36,516,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Wow. Now who's being a big-shot dismissive smart-a**? It's pretty clear where you're coming from now.

If I saw you standing out in front of a store, I'd park there and leave my engine running just to tick you off.
I don't follow you, Newsboy.

What's dismissive or "smart-a**" about expecting folks to park in a parking space instead of blocking the front door?

And where do you think I'm "coming from"?

Old 08-10-2015, 08:06 PM

31,993 posts, read 36,516,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
Welcome to Atlanta arjay.
Maybe you are right, BlackPeach.

I just didn't see folks doing this very often until fairly recently.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:10 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,474,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
As usual I am looking out for the little man, not Mr. or Ms. Big stuff who figures they are entitled to stop in front of the door and sit there until their errand is run.

How is that namby pamby?
Arjay you have a legitimate beef. My advice is invest in an SUV you dont mind smashing up and cause some accidents. I say teach them a lesson. Are you can do what my wife does get the license plate and car description and call 911 amd tell the operator someome in the car is waving a gun at people in the parking lot. She has done that several times. I say do something to them. The arrogant need to suffer in my opinion.

Old 08-10-2015, 10:10 PM

2,197 posts, read 2,245,422 times
Quote:
Geez. What is it with all the mansy-pansy complaints about evil operators of motor vehicles on the forum today? Some of you people need to chill. It's not always about you.
Ugh, I know right? It's like people in marked crosswalks feel like they're entitled to just walk from one side of the street to another without having to dodge cars! Wusses. They should strap themselves into a ton of sheet metal and drive across the street like real men do, right?

Old 08-11-2015, 03:02 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,777,695 times
Quote:
I don't follow you, Newsboy.

What's dismissive or "smart-a**" about expecting folks to park in a parking space instead of blocking the front door?

And where do you think I'm "coming from"?

What really drew my attention to it was the old geezer I mentioned who nearly ran me over. I would have talked to him about it but it looked like he couldn't hear.

When you start disrespecting old people, you lose all cred by my book.

Old 08-11-2015, 06:02 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,757,440 times
Some of yall need to travel more

Old 08-11-2015, 06:03 AM

1,512 posts, read 1,950,401 times
Quote:

What really drew my attention to it was the old geezer I mentioned who nearly ran me over. I would have talked to him about it but it looked like he couldn't hear.

When you start disrespecting old people, you lose all cred by my book.
....well, arjay himself isn't exactly a spring chicken.

Old 08-11-2015, 06:25 AM

5,633 posts, read 5,314,390 times
Quote:
For crying out loud.

How many "big shots" do you actually see doing this? And how often? In a metro area of nearly 6 million people? Seriously.
Are you kidding? At nearly every store I go to, and pretty much every time, there are several cars camped out right in front of the store. They are often blocking the walkway from parking to the front door, and many times are parked right in front of the ramp where you roll your cart down, or god forbid, your wheelchair.

But, just as bad, they are parked in travel lanes. At the Publix in Cumberland, there are two lanes, one for each direction of travel. Yet, often, the one closest to the store has 3-4 cars parked in it "waiting". This means that no cars can go in that direction until the other lane is clear. And if you've ever been to the Publix in Cumberland, that lane is rarely ever clear.

It's a nuisance, and it's rude to everyone else. I should be surprised that more people in this thread don't think so. But, this is the South.

Old 08-11-2015, 06:28 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,695,198 times
Quote:
I see people doing this more and more.

They will pull up and stop directly in front of a store entrance while their passenger goes inside.

However, instead of moving on to parking space, they will just continue to sit there, directly in front of the door for 10 or 15 minutes.

If you are walking in or out of the store, you have to walk around them. You also have to be sure that they see you. Just recently I was walking around some old geezer who was doing this and the guy started pulling off and nearly ran me over.

Where do people get this idea that they are such VIP's that they can block the entire entrance for everybody else?

If your passenger is SO special that they have to be delivered door to door, at least pull down a little ways so that you are not blocking all the other customers.

This is why parking lots are the most dangerous places for kids and elderly people, not saying you are an elderly person. One more reason why store fronts should not be surrounded by surface parking, but instead directly on the sidewalk. Parking should be in the rear, where cars belong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: