U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-15-2009, 09:58 PM

1,120 posts, read 1,442,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
Ok, this was actually a VERY old (1 year) thread that someone revived, but I'll add to it since it's about a topic that is continuing.

A good number of years ago (mid 1980s) I worked in a restaurant intown and used to regular have Cynthia Good and Brenda Wood both as customers, along with Clark Howard and others. Good and Wood (ewww, that almost sounds like a dirty video), were indeed very personable and friendly people. Clark Howard was somewhat to himself, though polite - but there's a reason he's rich - he's a horrible tipper.

Warran Savage must have eluded prison - he was in trouble not long ago I believe for selling drugs.

And here's one for the ladies ... I saw Tom Regan of channel two - naked. Yes, ladies, try to contain yourselves. I used to work in Colony Square when I lived intown as well, and worked out after work at their gym facilities in the afternoon. Regan had just come to Atlanta and started at Channel 2 and used to work out there. I can tell you this - there is NOTHING and I mean NOTHING more awkward than walking into the shower area, and almost bumping into someone who's exiting a shower stall, only to go, "Oh, hey, I know who you are"... and then realize you are both facing each other with no clothes on. Ewwwwww.

In the past via work-related encounters, I have also met Phyllis Diller, Jimmy Carter, and actor Charles Grodin. I may have missed one or two but that's it.

This is an old post. I guess I wasn't paying attention to the date.

I have seen Clark Howard twice. He was once doing an on-air radio show at a local store, and I'm fairly certain I saw him driving his Honda car. That may be a reason he has a few bucks.

I can't remember the name of the Honda model, but it was the one that got around 40 mpg in town. I think the car is no longer in production. It was a really strange-looking ( ugly ) car. This must be a good 10-years ago.

I forgot to mention my Jimmy Carter encounter. It was about a 5-second encounter.

One time I had an appointment at the Emory Clinic, on Clifton Road, and I was sitting in the waiting room. I looked up and lo and behold Jimmy Carter walked through the waiting room with two Secret Service guys accompanying him. I was really surprised to see the ex-president just a few feet from me.

I also forgot to mention Amy Carter. I saw her at Ansley Mall. She used to work at Chapter 11 Bookstore, and as far as I know she met her husband there.

On this particular day, she was sitting on a bench near Chapter 11. This is a number of years ago.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 10:19 PM

1,120 posts, read 1,442,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamM View Post
I met Sean Hannity once at a party back when he was just a Limbaugh wannabe here. I should have landed him one right on that overchiseled jaw of his. Ah, missed opportunities.

Darn! I can't stand the guy.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:58 PM

1,304 posts, read 772,933 times
I saw Boris kodjoe see hime all the time , Usher, Julia roberts, angelina jolie, Tyra Banks, Seal, Jennifer Hudson, Serena Williams, in Phipps Plaza

Ice cube, P Diddy , Danity khane, Will Smith, Snoop Dogg, at Chik Fil A at colony square

lil wayne, Kirk Franklin, Lyfe Jennings,akon , Kiesha Cole, Nelly, Ray Allen, Chaka Khan, Patti LaBelle, Chris tucker , Chris Rock, Kat williams . And many many more at lenox

Ne-yo, Janet Jackson, Trey songz Bow wow all at LA fitness Atlantic station

Ther are always Celebritys in Atlanta on a daily basises thats why they call it the black hollywood of the south

Old 01-16-2009, 01:23 AM

51 posts, read 100,152 times
I ran into Oprah in L5p

Old 01-16-2009, 06:15 AM

719 posts, read 1,005,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amd1588 View Post
I ran into Oprah in L5p
Wow. Good one. How far back was that?

Old 01-16-2009, 08:36 AM

1,294 posts, read 2,341,450 times
A few years ago, back when the WCW still existed, I would regularly see wrestlers in the clinics at Emory. They were all pretty low key, but the one who stood out was Kevin Nash. When the nurse called his name and he stood up, everyone in the room looked because he was SO ridiculously tall.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:47 AM

12,457 posts, read 17,936,700 times
Back in the days of the Oxford Bookstore, I used to see celebs in there all the time...usually they were in town filming a movie. I remember seeing:
Mick Jagger
Kim Basinger
Sean Young (I actually spoke to her)
Jane Fonda
Sam Waterston
Brian Dennehy (he was asking about books about Frida Kahlo)
Peter Boyle
Steve Martin

A friend of mine waited on Jane Fonda at Neiman-Marcus...she was looking at a jacket for her son as a birthday present. The jacket turned out to be $1400, and Jane laughingly said, "Whoa...that's way more than I want to spend."
My friend was so impressed that someone as rich as Jane Fonda was budget conscious.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:12 AM
JPD

7,440 posts, read 7,378,023 times
I see Ted Turner a lot.

I've seen Bob Barr several times.

I haven't seen any Hollywood celebrities in Atlanta, but I've seen a lot of fairly well known musicians in restaurants and stores:

Andre Benjamin/Andre 3000 at Peachtree Center Mall.
Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers (actually, that was when he was in town playing for Jane's Addiction) and Steven Perkins, drummer from Jane's Addiction at Eats.
Taj Mahal at Eats.
Erika Badu, ditto.
The TLC girls, ditto.
The guys in Sonic Youth walked into Criminal Records (the original location) once when I was in there.

Old 01-16-2009, 04:53 PM

1,104 posts, read 399,577 times
Ying Yang Twins at Kroger, John Singleton on the Marta train & Allen Payne at Apache Cafe....Ying Yang Twins were the only people the public recognized. Weird. I don't do back flips when I see a famous person, but TV sure does make people look tall.

When I seen Mr. Payne all I could think of was...

"They didn't come back for the cocaine, they came back for the BASE!"

Old 01-17-2009, 08:55 AM

4,486 posts, read 4,102,012 times
I saw Beyonce shop at Nicole Miller at Lenox (2 years ago).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta