U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-03-2015, 09:37 AM
 
2,074 posts, read 2,002,327 times
Reputation: 1430

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Yes it is, it is all about providing relief for traffic related to the development.
It's not like traffic in a lot of these areas was a cake walk to begin with. I bet their project list with out without the stadium would include many of the same things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-03-2015, 09:40 AM
 
Location: Kirkwood
22,177 posts, read 16,180,310 times
Reputation: 4903
Quote:
Originally Posted by red92s View Post
It's not like traffic in a lot of these areas was a cake walk to begin with. I bet their project list with out without the stadium would include many of the same things.
I have seen the drawings for many of these projects and talked with the engineers. Most of these are effects of SunTrust Field.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2015, 09:56 AM
 
4,993 posts, read 5,749,966 times
Reputation: 2969
These are all roads that circle the ballpark. This is all related to the unnecessary mess that is the ballpark coming to this location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2015, 09:57 AM
 
2,074 posts, read 2,002,327 times
Reputation: 1430
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
I have seen the drawings for many of these projects and talked with the engineers. Most of these are effects of SunTrust Field.
So GDOT's not spending a dime on on any of the major road reconfiguration to accommodate the Taj Ma Blank downtown, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2015, 10:01 AM
 
Location: Kirkwood
22,177 posts, read 16,180,310 times
Reputation: 4903
Quote:
Originally Posted by red92s View Post
So GDOT's not spending a dime on on any of the major road reconfiguration to accommodate the Taj Ma Blank downtown, right?
I am sure they are, I never said they aren't or cried how Atlanta is being forgotten. I would say that Downtown Atlanta is better equipped to handle the amount of traffic professional sports may bring, but if the Braves continue to play like they have this year, Cobb County won't have to worry about congestion because no one will be going to games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2015, 10:37 AM
 
559 posts, read 636,565 times
Reputation: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
but if the Braves continue to play like they have this year, Cobb County won't have to worry about congestion because no one will be going to games.
Agree holt. I keep trying to tell people there will be zero problem w/ traffic if the old days of 5,000 Braves fans/night returns.

The geniuses that scream TRAFFIC in a crowded theatre are assuming the Braves are going to sell out 41,000 seats every night. That's not going to happen. They'll be lucky to draw 15,000 with this group of AAA players ... which for the 75/285 corridor, is a drop in the bucket.

Perhaps, Wren Scheurholz and Schiller have a master plan and all these prospects are going to be big leaguers by 2017, but right now, this team is the worst in the majors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2015, 10:44 AM
 
Location: NW Atlanta
4,995 posts, read 3,483,416 times
Reputation: 2647
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgPark View Post
Perhaps, Wren Scheurholz and Schiller have a master plan and all these prospects are going to be big leaguers by 2017, but right now, this team is the worst in the majors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2015, 11:24 AM
 
Location: Kirkwood
22,177 posts, read 16,180,310 times
Reputation: 4903
Further investigation shows that GDOT is not going to fund the bridge, Cobb County are on their own. GDOT is helping to fund with the listed projects. For once I can say that I proud of GDOT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2015, 11:40 AM
 
4,241 posts, read 2,827,187 times
Reputation: 2763
Quote:
Originally Posted by red92s View Post
It's not like traffic in a lot of these areas was a cake walk to begin with. I bet their project list with out without the stadium would include many of the same things.
Seeing that they just completed major re-works of many of these very roads in the last couple of years, I would have to say that, yes...this is because of the ball park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2015, 11:56 AM
 
Location: Kirkwood
22,177 posts, read 16,180,310 times
Reputation: 4903
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
Seeing that they just completed major re-works of many of these very roads in the last couple of years, I would have to say that, yes...this is because of the ball park.
Officials have been quoted to saying they relate to the development of SunTrust Field.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top