U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 06:45 PM

1,189 posts, read 733,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlgirl2015 View Post
Based on the crowd of people around where one of the MARTA was as the day wore on, I would avoid riding MARTA with a stroller at all costs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2015, 07:35 PM

71 posts, read 41,024 times
I can't imagine the folks at that station would have been particularly happy to see a bunch of moms trying to fit multiple 25-lb strollers anyway, people looked crowded enough as it was.

Old 09-06-2015, 09:15 PM

560 posts, read 305,765 times
I rode Marta to Dragoncon everyday from Decatur to Peachtree Center. If you get on Marta on the East-West line, you'll have to change to the North-South line at the Marta Five points stations which involves a level change. That means a search for the elevator or escalator for those people with strollers. I have no idea where those may be; I take the stairs. I have a hard time navigating that station, and I'm comfortable in NYC subways.

If you really want to take Marta and are wrestling strollers, you may have an easier time starting on a N-S line.
Also, you may wish to know that the Marta station at the Peachtree Center has one of those very long Jules Verne escalator rides.

Old 09-08-2015, 06:06 AM

22,147 posts, read 16,140,747 times
Quote:
We attended the parade and I just drove from Druid Hills and parked in one of the lots on Baker. It was a bit expensive but absolutely worth it for the convience factor. At 8am none of the lots on Baker were particularly busy and it was a very short stroll to Peachtree. Based on the crowd of people around where one of the MARTA was as the day wore on, I would avoid riding MARTA with a stroller at all costs.
We grabbed breakfast and got a great spot to watch a bit closer to where the parade started about an hour before start time. It was pretty cool and honestly nowhere near as congested as the L5P Halloween parade, because there was just that much more room for everyone to spread out. Also, lots of families out and about, which was so great to see. I ended up leaving a bit earlier because I was worried about everyone running for their cars as soon as the parade was done. I was stuck in traffic for about 10-15 min max downtown but once I exited that area, there was absolutely no traffic at all headed back home. Overall a great experience and very easy to enjoy with kids.
Thanks everyone for your advice!
My daughter(2 yo) has grown up riding MARTA. I have never found it hard using a stroller on MARTA, but do not bring one of those huge, dual, side-by-side, jogging strollers on a train. We always use an umbrella stroller and backpack.

Old 09-08-2015, 10:23 AM

6,370 posts, read 4,522,982 times
Quote:
We attended the parade and I just drove from Druid Hills and parked in one of the lots on Baker. It was a bit expensive but absolutely worth it for the convience factor. At 8am none of the lots on Baker were particularly busy and it was a very short stroll to Peachtree. Based on the crowd of people around where one of the MARTA was as the day wore on, I would avoid riding MARTA with a stroller at all costs.
We grabbed breakfast and got a great spot to watch a bit closer to where the parade started about an hour before start time. It was pretty cool and honestly nowhere near as congested as the L5P Halloween parade, because there was just that much more room for everyone to spread out. Also, lots of families out and about, which was so great to see. I ended up leaving a bit earlier because I was worried about everyone running for their cars as soon as the parade was done. I was stuck in traffic for about 10-15 min max downtown but once I exited that area, there was absolutely no traffic at all headed back home. Overall a great experience and very easy to enjoy with kids.
Thanks everyone for your advice!
Now thats whats up!!

Old 09-08-2015, 10:25 AM

6,370 posts, read 4,522,982 times
Quote:
I can't imagine the folks at that station would have been particularly happy to see a bunch of moms trying to fit multiple 25-lb strollers anyway, people looked crowded enough as it was.
You just have to be familiar with that station. Peachtree Centers has 2 or 3 street to station elevators they are great for strollers and wheelchairs, but the Station is really big so you have to know where they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta