U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-28-2017, 11:18 AM
 
Location: Prescott, AZ
5,554 posts, read 3,011,908 times
Reputation: 2254

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Golfer View Post
Relax Beavis. Doesn't change the point of the statement.

And because they, MARTA, suck of the teat of the taxpayer, your statement below is false. They absolutely do not have the right in my opinion.
So, since they also receive tax money from other counties, does that mean that, as a tax payer into the system, I get a vote on what MARTA does with its property?

I would suspect that a VAST majority of those who pay MARTA taxes would like to see the station developed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-28-2017, 11:19 AM
 
Location: Kirkwood
23,183 posts, read 17,381,574 times
Reputation: 5335
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Golfer View Post
Relax Beavis. Doesn't change the point of the statement.

And because they, MARTA, suck of the teat of the taxpayer, your statement below is false. They absolutely do not have the right in my opinion.
Surprised you didn't Brookhaven-plain to us how others in your community share your opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2017, 10:28 AM
 
1,457 posts, read 2,601,703 times
Reputation: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthwarden View Post
So, since they also receive tax money from other counties, does that mean that, as a tax payer into the system, I get a vote on what MARTA does with its property?

I would suspect that a VAST majority of those who pay MARTA taxes would like to see the station developed.
I would say that the VAST majority of the hose here would too. Just not a billion more apartments.

Do me a favor and go on google maps, drive down Dresden, look at all the new apts, pan across the street and look at all the green space on the other side and then picture that being a 6 story wall of even more bland, cheap, builder grade apartments. Then tell me we need 2-3 more buildings like that in the immediate vicinity.

Quote:
Surprised you didn't Brookhaven-plain to us how others in your community share your opinion.
Surprised you made yet another post containing zero substance on the topic. Wait, no I'm not. At least you didn't contradict yourself this time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2017, 11:32 AM
 
Location: Prescott, AZ
5,554 posts, read 3,011,908 times
Reputation: 2254
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Golfer View Post
I would say that the VAST majority of the hose here would too. Just not a billion more apartments.

Do me a favor and go on google maps, drive down Dresden, look at all the new apts, pan across the street and look at all the green space on the other side and then picture that being a 6 story wall of even more bland, cheap, builder grade apartments. Then tell me we need 2-3 more buildings like that in the immediate vicinity.
Okay, sure. We need, at least, 2-3 more buildings like that in the immediate vicinity.

The metro is growing. Times are changing. We need to be able to handle the people coming here in the next decades. Brookhaven is not immune to it, and as a high-capacity transit station, should be leading the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2017, 11:37 AM
 
Location: Kirkwood
23,183 posts, read 17,381,574 times
Reputation: 5335
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Golfer View Post
I would say that the VAST majority of the hose here would too. Just not a billion more apartments.

Do me a favor and go on google maps, drive down Dresden, look at all the new apts, pan across the street and look at all the green space on the other side and then picture that being a 6 story wall of even more bland, cheap, builder grade apartments. Then tell me we need 2-3 more buildings like that in the immediate vicinity.



Surprised you made yet another post containing zero substance on the topic. Wait, no I'm not. At least you didn't contradict yourself this time.
So wait, you are complaining about the 3 new mutli-family developments within 1/2 mile of the station as too much https://www.google.com/maps/@33.8607...!3m1!1e3?hl=en? What better area to concentrate medium density like this than ON AN EFFING TRANSIT STATION!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2017, 11:40 AM
 
Location: Prescott, AZ
5,554 posts, read 3,011,908 times
Reputation: 2254
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
So wait, you are complaining about the 3 new mutli-family developments within 1/2 mile of the station as too much https://www.google.com/maps/@33.8607...!3m1!1e3?hl=en? What better area to concentrate medium density like this than ON AN EFFING TRANSIT STATION!
I feel as if the obvious answer is in everyone else's neighborhoods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2017, 11:47 AM
 
Location: Kirkwood
23,183 posts, read 17,381,574 times
Reputation: 5335
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthwarden View Post
I feel as if the obvious answer is in everyone else's neighborhoods.
I welcome a mix of densities and socio-economic classes in my neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2017, 11:56 AM
 
1,457 posts, read 2,601,703 times
Reputation: 904
There are already three brand new ones.

I'm talking about all the new additional supply the Marta project would add to those. Following now?

Not to mention the huge Post complex already here.

Maybe we can just outline every neighborhood in Atlanta with apartments. It will be glorious.

Or maybe one day you can own a home and attend all the meetings in support fourthwarden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2017, 11:56 AM
 
Location: Prescott, AZ
5,554 posts, read 3,011,908 times
Reputation: 2254
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
I welcome a mix of densities and socio-economic classes in my neighborhood.
Same. Lord knows we could use more apartments and condos, as well as street level shops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2017, 12:00 PM
 
Location: Kirkwood
23,183 posts, read 17,381,574 times
Reputation: 5335
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Golfer View Post
There are already three brand new ones.

I'm talking about all the new additional supply the Marta project would add to those. Following now?

Not to mention the huge Post complex already here.

Maybe we can just outline every neighborhood in Atlanta with apartments. It will be glorious.

Or maybe one day you can own a home and attend all the meetings in support fourthwarden.
The truth comes out, you view renters as lower people than homeowners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top