Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 04:58 PM

32,024 posts, read 36,782,996 times

Advertisements

There are a lot of young folks out there these days who don't bat an eye at $1.4 million.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 06:57 PM

2,197 posts, read 2,260,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
There are a lot of young folks out there these days who don't bat an eye at $1.4 million.
Only if by "young" you mean 50+.

https://dqydj.com/the-net-worth-of-d...ps-in-america/

Old 02-08-2018, 06:24 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,863,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
I don't think these are very skinny. They're over 20' wide, which is decently wide for a townhome.

Saying it's walking distance to Piedmont Park might be a bit of a stretch. It's over two miles to the very corner of the park. By that measure, Northside Drive and Lindbergh are both walking distance to Piedmont Park (and yes, I know that a dedicated path is different). Actually, Krog is the only one of those places under a mile. But still, fronting the Beltline and with a townhome like that, they'll easily sell for a premium. $1.4m seems quite high, but I'm sure they will sell.
While yes Piedmont Park is 2 miles away, it's an enjoyable 2 miles that pedestrians wouldn't even question walking that far. Which is why walking 2 miles on the BeltLine or in interesting urban setting, Manhattan, where there is activity, etc. makes that 2 mile walk feel like less time than walking 2 miles on Cobb Pkwy. Thousands of people walk those 2 miles every weekend without thinking about it. I would still consider it walkable.

Old 02-08-2018, 12:31 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,640,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
While yes Piedmont Park is 2 miles away, it's an enjoyable 2 miles that pedestrians wouldn't even question walking that far. Which is why walking 2 miles on the BeltLine or in interesting urban setting, Manhattan, where there is activity, etc. makes that 2 mile walk feel like less time than walking 2 miles on Cobb Pkwy. Thousands of people walk those 2 miles every weekend without thinking about it. I would still consider it walkable.
Yes, its the easiest and most walkable 2 miles in Atlanta

Old 02-08-2018, 01:33 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,086,067 times
Quote:
Residences at Studioplex
19 townhomes, starting at $1.4M

https://atlanta.curbed.com/2018/2/7/...ld-fourth-ward
I attended the launch party last night. One unit is already under contract!

Old 02-08-2018, 01:35 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,358,427 times
Quote:
I've walked half a mile in Manhattan (daily for several weeks) and wanted to claw my brains out. Awful.

But yeah, 2 miles on the Beltline is fine for the periodic jaunt. Still pretty far, and I'm not sure I would list Piedmont Park as "walking distance" on sales documents.

Old 02-08-2018, 02:07 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,863,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
I've walked half a mile in Manhattan (daily for several weeks) and wanted to claw my brains out. Awful.

But yeah, 2 miles on the Beltline is fine for the periodic jaunt. Still pretty far, and I'm not sure I would list Piedmont Park as "walking distance" on sales documents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta