Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 11:59 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,130,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
Don't feed the trolls
But this is the C-D Atlanta forum! Feeding trolls is half the reason for this place's....liveliness!

- skbl17

Old 09-08-2015, 12:14 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,784,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbl17 View Post
But this is the C-D Atlanta forum! Feeding trolls is half the reason for this place's....liveliness!

- skbl17

True....Our troll numbers are decreasing see we gotta keep the trolls coming back

Old 09-08-2015, 12:14 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,523,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alco89 View Post
I must agree that Atlanta did very well with violent crimes this weekend compared to Charlotte and Chicago and probably many other cities, especially when you considered 600,000+ people came to visit. However, the incident that happened at UA should not be written off. We should strive to not have things like that occur.
The ratchet hip hopper crowd has been tainting the image of Atlanta for a while now. Give them the opportunity and they will trash and ruin many things. Some people here support and applaud this knucklehead behavior. Im one of the few that doesnt like it. It was a great weekend until this freaknik kids came out.

Old 09-08-2015, 12:21 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,948,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
I have a grip, why are your people terrorizing our transit system? I was just curious about your feedback about the MECCA. Its not an everyday thing because Marta doesnt do it everyday. I wish you would make your people behave man. Thats all im saying bro.
Wait a second..."your people"?????? What the heck is that supposed to mean, and how can I make anybody do anything??? Am I God????

You obviously don't have a grip whatsoever. Atlanta is a city like any other and experiences city problems. What that has to do with its status as a Black mecca is beyond me; I think you should invest in a dictionary and some post-secondary education.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
The ratchet hip hopper crowd has been tainting the image of Atlanta for a while now. Give them the opportunity and they will trash and ruin many things. Some people here support and applaud this knucklehead behavior. Im one of the few that doesnt like it. It was a great weekend until this freaknik kids came out.
If you think that, then you've got problems.

Old 09-08-2015, 12:33 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,135,673 times
At least we have solid proof now that 0nyx is either a racist white guy or a self-hating black guy and that's why he was against the Civil Rights Museum in the other thread, which I had implied. Can we report him?

Old 09-08-2015, 12:41 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,130,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
At least we have solid proof now that 0nyx is either a racist white guy or a self-hating black guy and that's why he was against the Civil Rights Museum in the other thread, which I had implied. Can we report him?
I don't know, is he violating the Terms of Service (everyone should really bookmark this link, by the way)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terms of Service
Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards. Insulting another member or a moderator will not be tolerated anywhere on this website. This includes Direct Messages and Reputation Comments.

If you disagree with something, say so, but explain WHY.

Stay on topic. Attempts to hi-jack threads by switching topics or going off topic will be deleted and infractions issued. This is not a chat room - when people hi-jack threads by posting messages that are of interest to only few people, the threads often stop being useful discussions of initial topics.

Hate speech, racism or bashing of ANY sort will NOT be tolerated. Rude posts will be removed and infractions issued. Do not quote or talk to trolls or your posts will also be deleted. Use the report feature instead.

"Trolling" is prohibited.

"Outing" users by revealing their address, phone number, or other information that they didn't themselves share on our forum is prohibited.
Honestly, reading the ToS (especially the bolded), I'm surprised almost half the users here haven't been banned already. There are multiple ToS violations per day.

- skbl17

Old 09-08-2015, 12:57 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,874,081 times
I was just overhearing a conversation where someone was saying they rode MARTA for the first time in years on Monday coming back from the airport to Midtown and they did not know it was free. But they said they were quite pleased at how quick and easy the trip was.

ATL Urbanist also had a great day exploring the city via MARTA with his family: Exploring the city on Labor Day. My family all...

So maybe it was not that bad after all.

Old 09-08-2015, 01:07 PM

1,312 posts, read 1,870,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
...Now lets step back and imagine what would happen in say NYC, DC, Philly, Boston, or Chicago if their transit systems were free for a day...
Nothing out of the ordinary*.

It has happened for the past three years.

It seems like the S.S.D.D. on the CTA, but with more drunk people… Even though it's geared towards drunk people (who are the most prone to violence/debauchery), nothing remarkable has happened (that I remember) in the four years I've lived here.

*I have seen plenty of crazy stuff on the CTA, but none of it has been during "free ride" periods.

Old 09-08-2015, 01:09 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,640,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
You guys be complaining about the craziest stuff when it comes to Marta .. Try riding MTA on weekends and holidays as a tourist. When trains are running on what ever schedule and are sometimes 20 mins late. Are being stuck on the train for an hour because train derailed or someone is sick etc.
Thank you...a 10 minute wait for a train is nothing to complain about. Between this thread and all the complaints about the traffic, Atlanta doesn't know how good they have it down here.

Old 09-08-2015, 01:13 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,640,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
In every city you will see teenagers of all races being disruptive and obnoxious. In Atlanta alone I've seen white teens create just as much of a nuisance as the black ones.

Kids are stupid and large groups of them amplifies the stupidity. When has this ever not been the case?
It's all relative. I used to try to avoid riding the subways in NYC on St. Patty's Day after the parade. The trains used to be filled with drunken, rowdy off-duty firefighters, policemen and blue collar workers who were leaving the parade. An overwhelming majority were white and/or Irish. It just goes to show, it can happen anywhere, and with anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: