U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-08-2015, 02:27 PM
 
Location: ITP - City of Atlanta Proper
7,805 posts, read 11,774,445 times
Reputation: 5417

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovenyc View Post
It's all relative. I used to try to avoid riding the subways in NYC on St. Patty's Day after the parade. The trains used to be filled with drunken, rowdy off-duty firefighters, policemen and blue collar workers who were leaving the parade. An overwhelming majority were white and/or Irish. It just goes to show, it can happen anywhere, and with anyone.
Yeah, anyone that thinks this was some sort of Atlanta-based fluke clearly hasn't lived in a big city ever. Suburban folks trip me out some times.

 
Old 09-08-2015, 02:37 PM
 
Location: n/a
1,189 posts, read 740,024 times
Reputation: 1334
Well, we might be more used to silently looking sideways at folks, sorry for not being as able to abide urban unseemliness.

Last edited by Fubarbundy; 09-08-2015 at 03:23 PM..
 
Old 09-08-2015, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Georgia
4,986 posts, read 4,023,914 times
Reputation: 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
This is no worse than riding the drunk train home from a Braves game and having to deal with all the frat guys being loud and disrespectful. Not giving their seats up for ladies.
Let me tell you something...Drunk Braves fans are some of the single worst people to ride a train with. Ever.

I'll never forget the time a few years ago a drunk girl started hitting on me...while her friends were just a few rows away. I mean, this woman was toasted. Some friends she had.
 
Old 09-08-2015, 02:56 PM
 
Location: NW Atlanta
5,010 posts, read 3,507,528 times
Reputation: 2653
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
I'll never forget the time a few years ago a drunk girl started hitting on me...while her friends were just a few rows away. I mean, this woman was toasted. Some friends she had.
Go on...
 
Old 09-08-2015, 03:22 PM
 
Location: Kirkwood
22,243 posts, read 16,284,161 times
Reputation: 4924
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
Let me tell you something...Drunk Braves fans are some of the single worst people to ride a train with. Ever.

I'll never forget the time a few years ago a drunk girl started hitting on me...while her friends were just a few rows away. I mean, this woman was toasted. Some friends she had.
They are, most of the time, inexperienced at riding MARTA and have no MARTA etiquette. Then they complain about the transfer at Lindbergh.
 
Old 09-08-2015, 03:46 PM
 
3,453 posts, read 2,988,421 times
Reputation: 1645
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovenyc View Post
Thank you...a 10 minute wait for a train is nothing to complain about. Between this thread and all the complaints about the traffic, Atlanta doesn't know how good they have it down here.
Mta will make you late for your own funeral. The other day we got trapped because a lady decided she wanted to pee in between the cars and got killed I the process which back up trains.
 
Old 09-08-2015, 05:35 PM
 
Location: Vinings/Cumberland in the evil county of Cobb
1,258 posts, read 1,114,933 times
Reputation: 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Mta will make you late for your own funeral. The other day we got trapped because a lady decided she wanted to pee in between the cars and got killed I the process which back up trains.
Maaaaannnn, I have a ton of MTA stories.
 
Old 09-08-2015, 07:04 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
5,243 posts, read 4,404,685 times
Reputation: 2723
Sounds like MARTA missed an opportunity to show off their Ride with Respect program.

Who wouldn't have predicted a bunch of young idle hands riding around causing trouble. Sounds poorly planned.
 
Old 09-08-2015, 08:20 PM
 
Location: Orange Blossom Trail
6,384 posts, read 4,554,680 times
Reputation: 2585
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
Sounds like MARTA missed an opportunity to show off their Ride with Respect program.

Who wouldn't have predicted a bunch of young idle hands riding around causing trouble. Sounds poorly planned.
Sadly they probably wont do this anymore. Life in the ATL.
 
Old 09-08-2015, 08:24 PM
 
Location: Orange Blossom Trail
6,384 posts, read 4,554,680 times
Reputation: 2585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Wait a second..."your people"?????? What the heck is that supposed to mean, and how can I make anybody do anything??? Am I God????

You obviously don't have a grip whatsoever. Atlanta is a city like any other and experiences city problems. What that has to do with its status as a Black mecca is beyond me; I think you should invest in a dictionary and some post-secondary education.



If you think that, then you've got problems.
No. Mutiny you have the problems. Do the right thing and read a dictionary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top