U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 08:48 PM

188 posts, read 122,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleKaye View Post
The name does not bother me, but I would like some idea what they want you to do. They need a content writer in addition to an Army. Seriously, what's the expectation - cleaning, painting, laying tracks, planting flowers, or what?
Pat each other on the back for being supporters of transit and accomplish nothing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 09:49 PM

5,417 posts, read 2,760,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleKaye View Post
The name does not bother me, but I would like some idea what they want you to do. They need a content writer in addition to an Army. Seriously, what's the expectation - cleaning, painting, laying tracks, planting flowers, or what?
If it means I get to tour the tunnels, i'd be down for helping scrub the concrete around the tracks!

Old 09-09-2015, 09:52 PM

3,914 posts, read 4,029,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
If anyone is interested in joining a grassroots effort to improve Atlanta's transit system, sign up here: The MARTA Army
MARTA Army will be in attendance at Transportation Camp South 2015. TransportationCamp South 2015 Registration, Atlanta | Eventbrite

Nah. I'll be at advanced weapons training....probably do more good for MARTA in the future anyway....

Old 09-26-2015, 11:54 PM

327 posts, read 239,747 times
They sure did represent at TransportationCamp South today. In fact, it was good seeing so many people dedicating a whole day to coming with ideas and solutions designed to alleviate Atlanta's transportation problems.

And Georgia Tech has a nice campus.

Old 09-27-2015, 12:12 AM

248 posts, read 121,332 times
They're gonna get ran out of the West End station lol!

Old 09-27-2015, 07:06 AM

1,061 posts, read 883,041 times
I saw them at TranspoCamp yesterday, and one of their first big tasks is posting 11" x 17" laminated schedules on bus stops, which will be updated every time the schedules change, starting with next month. I got a schedule to post on a bus stop near me, and it's great, as they explained it, that a large group of people can do one small task all over town. I'm sure their role will evolve over time, but I personally see a benefit from this first project.

Old 09-27-2015, 08:27 AM

188 posts, read 122,498 times
Why on Earth can't MARTA do that themselves? How poorly run are they? What a waste of tax dollars.

Old 09-27-2015, 09:06 AM

28,191 posts, read 24,793,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkMcGirt View Post
Why on Earth can't MARTA do that themselves? How poorly run are they? What a waste of tax dollars.
MARTA could post the schedules itself but not all that many workers show up on a given day. Forming a volunteer Army to handle it is a good idea.

Old 09-27-2015, 10:58 AM

5,417 posts, read 2,760,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanarkand A East View Post
I saw them at TranspoCamp yesterday, and one of their first big tasks is posting 11" x 17" laminated schedules on bus stops, which will be updated every time the schedules change, starting with next month. I got a schedule to post on a bus stop near me, and it's great, as they explained it, that a large group of people can do one small task all over town. I'm sure their role will evolve over time, but I personally see a benefit from this first project.
Got a pic of what they look like? I've been asking for things like this on bus stops for a while, and would love to see what's finally being put up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkMcGirt View Post
Aren't you the one who tells people that MARTA accepts donations to get things done? Well, here people are donating time and money to improve the agency, and your first inclination is to insult the whole thing.

Old 09-28-2015, 10:54 AM

22,239 posts, read 16,276,523 times
For those that are interested in helping, adopt a bus stop and receive a free, weather resistant timetable to hang on the bus stop post. It is something free and easy that we can do to help those who don't have a smartphone and the MARTA arrival app.
Operation TimelyTrip
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or