U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 10:53 PM

2,199 posts, read 1,500,552 times

Advertisements

Ok, I guess I have to ignore the guy with the urine fixation now. His mind is filthier than any MARTA train I've ever rode. Come to think of it... if the only MARTA trains that have been soiled are the ones he's been on, I'm starting to sense a pattern forming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
The only thing that is not good about a pedestrian bridge, is it takes people off the sidewalks and diminishes street level activity, but for a big event like a game it is good to give tens of thousands of people a safe way to cross a busy road.
I totally agree; my first thought was that a pedestrian bridge hurts the chances for the on-street pedestrian experience being improved. But thinking about it more, hopefully it's meant for big events, when there are tons of people trying to cross the street, and it will be combined with improvements on the street level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 05:26 AM

3,180 posts, read 3,055,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogans View Post
McGirt hates MARTA, seems high on the Braves move to Cobb, hates the streetcar, talked highly of GT and referred to UGA as a good plan B. Sounds like he's not a newbie, just a new name for gtcorndog.

Here's some posts from Corndog where he basically says the exact same thing.
Marta
MARTA to add wifi to its buses and trains next year
New MARTA Bus design

Looking through the history its pretty amazing how dedicated he is to trolling all the MARTA threads.

FYI: The "ignore" button can be our friend.
I'm going to use it now.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:08 AM

1,405 posts, read 1,164,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
The only thing that is not good about a pedestrian bridge, is it takes people off the sidewalks and diminishes street level activity, but for a big event like a game it is good to give tens of thousands of people a safe way to cross a busy road.
I agree, this was my first thought. I have mixed opinions, even if it does move masses of people quickly. If there are stores/restaurants or really anything being built on Northside, the bridge will take away their foot traffic, probably even not on game days. But, it does make for a safer crossing of a large road, although I think the same thing can be accomplished with smart complete streets design. I also don't want to be hypocritical, so if this bridge is purely to benefit the Falcons, then Arthur Blank needs to fund it. This shouldn't be a city funded project if it takes people off the streets and gives them only direct access to a private investors pockets.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:32 AM

22,243 posts, read 16,284,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCATL View Post
I agree, this was my first thought. I have mixed opinions, even if it does move masses of people quickly. If there are stores/restaurants or really anything being built on Northside, the bridge will take away their foot traffic, probably even not on game days. But, it does make for a safer crossing of a large road, although I think the same thing can be accomplished with smart complete streets design. I also don't want to be hypocritical, so if this bridge is purely to benefit the Falcons, then Arthur Blank needs to fund it. This shouldn't be a city funded project if it takes people off the streets and gives them only direct access to a private investors pockets.
*cough* Atlanta Braves and Cobb County
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or