Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 12:25 PM

1,173 posts, read 2,256,341 times

Advertisements

Today was awful. Nobody died, but only because a strong man held down a big dog that was attacking a small -- annoying -- dog.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE small dogs. Love them, but this woman had a big and a small dog and was running them together in a large dog park.

DUMB IDEA.

Especially if your little dog is annoying -- probably because he's scared -- another dog will likely go after him.

And do you know. . . not one person thanked the guy who saved the small dog.

Not one.

Alley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2015, 12:56 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,893,859 times
Thank you, strong and quick-thinking man who saved this small dog.

There you go- 1 person says thank you.

Old 09-13-2015, 12:59 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,952,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia64 View Post
Today was awful. Nobody died, but only because a strong man held down a big dog that was attacking a small -- annoying -- dog.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE small dogs. Love them, but this woman had a big and a small dog and was running them together in a large dog park.

DUMB IDEA.

Especially if your little dog is annoying -- probably because he's scared -- another dog will likely go after him.

And do you know. . . not one person thanked the guy who saved the small dog.

Not one.

Alley
Hopefully that woman learned her lesson. But uh......were you there? Because if so, why didn't you thank him?

Old 09-13-2015, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alco89 View Post
Hopefully that woman learned her lesson. But uh......were you there? Because if so, why didn't you thank him?
I did.

Just didn't want to toot my own horn.

Alley

Old 09-13-2015, 03:53 PM

5,618 posts, read 5,890,484 times
That's annoying. So many small dogs are instigators but because they actually offer no threat, they get away with it.

Old 09-13-2015, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post
That's annoying. So many small dogs are instigators but because they actually offer no threat, they get away with it.
Well, it's entirely possible that the little dogs scared in an area with a bunch of big hairy giants.

At the very heart of it, it's the owner who is the instigator. Her little dog was acting annoying from the second she attempted to enter the dog park.

Common sense should have told her to take her little guy to the smaller dog park.

I think those who use dog parks need to say often and kindly, "please take your small dog into the small dog park."

Most of us don't want to say anything and "get involved." If that one guy -- among forty people -- hadn't rescued that small dog, it would have died. And the guy is lucky he's not in the hospital.

Alley

Old 09-13-2015, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post
Well, it's entirely possible that the little dogs scared in an area with a bunch of big hairy giants.

At the very heart of it, it's the owner who is the instigator. Her little dog was acting annoying from the second she attempted to enter the dog park.

Common sense should have told her to take her little guy to the smaller dog park.

I think those who use dog parks need to say often and kindly, "please take your small dog into the small dog park."

Most of us don't want to say anything and "get involved." If that one guy -- among forty people -- hadn't rescued that small dog, it would have died. And the guy is lucky he's not in the hospital.

Alley

Old 09-13-2015, 04:25 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,762,228 times
Dog owner is an idiot

Old 09-13-2015, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
Dog owner is an idiot
You said it.

We need to create a culture of speaking up in dog parks though. Too many of us -- me included -- want to be polite and not get involved.

And then all hell breaks loose.

Alley

Old 09-13-2015, 05:55 PM

31,995 posts, read 36,561,769 times
I have had my big dogs attacked by other big dogs.

The problem is not with the size of the dog, but the lack of responsibility on the part of the owner of an aggressive dog. If you have an aggressive dog, it's your job to make sure that he is under control at ALL times.

That literally means 100% of the time, no exceptions, ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta