U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 06:33 AM

22,244 posts, read 16,289,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oobanks View Post
Does anyone know if the new I-75 Toll Hot lanes on the NW Side and in Henry County going to include lighting in these projects
Probably not, Cobb County does not have any freeway lights, except inside Marietta City Limits (Marietta pays the bill).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2015, 07:40 AM

9,956 posts, read 6,959,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Probably not, Cobb County does not have any freeway lights, except inside Marietta City Limits (Marietta pays the bill).
Yeah, most suburban counties don't pay for any lights at all. My bad wreck happened in the suburbs where no lights at all were even installed. Just more of a case for why GDOT should take this on.

You can't complain that the city spends millions of tax dollars a year and only keeps some of the freeway lit while the suburbs are not even spending a dollar trying.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:02 AM

1,451 posts, read 1,353,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
Gawd...i needed a Valium this morning..630 am in the rain on 400 to make the Atlanta heart run downtown...pitch black!!!! Unbelievable how this great city neglects to fix the lights
Other than at the interchange with 285, are there even any lights on 400? I don't think there are, and that's another problem in and of itself...

Old 11-30-2015, 02:41 PM

4,013 posts, read 2,314,716 times
Have they fixed the traffic lights in downtown recently because I went through about 10 green lights without stopping today twice.

Old 11-30-2015, 02:59 PM

5,010 posts, read 3,508,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
Have they fixed the traffic lights in downtown recently because I went through about 10 green lights without stopping today twice.
Wrong thread.

Old 02-22-2016, 04:12 PM

7 posts, read 4,244 times
I just came back from SW Fl. Naples to Tampa and all freeways lighted nicely, then to come home to Atlanta and have a difficult time seeing the highway out by the airport and for many miles afterwards! I noticed all the many hundreds of lights out along the freeway... all the way to Roswell...SAD! It's amazing that they quit taking tolls on Ga. 400 when it could have funded new lights on metro freeways w that money, most would think this would be a fair trade for safety and a much better looking city at night! I know I certainly would. Years ago I was in Dallas Tx. for training and the speaker made the remark how dark the roads were here...he was right! Pretty embarrassing too, because ATL wants to project this image of being such a progressive business center...ha, can't even afford to keep the lights on!

Old 02-22-2016, 06:48 PM

4,987 posts, read 4,025,516 times
There is no reason why Interstate highway light bills shouldn't be state-funded. None.

Old 02-23-2016, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cityslicker56 View Post
I just came back from SW Fl. Naples to Tampa and all freeways lighted nicely, then to come home to Atlanta and have a difficult time seeing the highway out by the airport and for many miles afterwards! I noticed all the many hundreds of lights out along the freeway... all the way to Roswell...SAD! It's amazing that they quit taking tolls on Ga. 400 when it could have funded new lights on metro freeways w that money, most would think this would be a fair trade for safety and a much better looking city at night! I know I certainly would. Years ago I was in Dallas Tx. for training and the speaker made the remark how dark the roads were here...he was right! Pretty embarrassing too, because ATL wants to project this image of being such a progressive business center...ha, can't even afford to keep the lights on!
Florida has a much higher gas tax to pay for it's roads. The freeway lights are maintained by FDOT.

Old 02-23-2016, 10:17 AM

9,606 posts, read 8,690,408 times
Don't you guys know that folks should be home by dark, fixing a good meal for the family and tucking the young ones in bed?

Old 02-23-2016, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Don't you guys know that folks should be home by dark, fixing a good meal for the family and tucking the young ones in bed?
Why, when the women should have it ready by the time the man gets home?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or