U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2015, 02:09 PM

2 posts, read 1,986 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!
Thanks for taking the time to help me and my family out as we start our next adventure. I have lived in the south all my life but never in the Atlanta area. We are moving from “small town USA” in TN in search of a place with great schools. Our current town is great; however the one high school we have is not so great and after living here for 9 years with no real reason to stay we have decided to for a new place. We have three children and I would love to find a nice home to purchase in an area that has a highly rated, recommended and liked elementary, middle and high schools.

I found a sticky note on this forum with this list of questions………so here it goes.

1. Budget? = Under 300K, but hopefully around 250K
2. House/Condo/Townhome? = House
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home) = Both my wife and I work from home.
4. Children(public school vs. private) = Public
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two = This is a tricky one, so let me explain this the best I can. My wife’s work from home job is watching kids out of our finished basement. She would like a place that is in an area where child care would be needed. So, if a subdivision(s) is what we have to do then we can deal with that. However, I don’t really want to be able to touch my neighbor’s house while standing in my own yard. Ideally, I would love a lot that is about ¾ of an acre.
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not? = Not important
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood. = See answer to question 5 along with the fact I want to be zoned in an area with excellent schools.

Thanks for all of your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 10:16 PM

4,514 posts, read 3,772,562 times
You don't need to post every eight hours, I promise. :-)

Old 09-18-2015, 10:55 PM

36 posts, read 22,527 times
My wife and I are moving to Ga. at the end of October and found a nice house to rent until we are ready to buy in Acworth. The Acworth and Kennesaw area are both great areas and have nice homes in that price range.

Old 09-19-2015, 06:17 AM

20,895 posts, read 32,882,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O's Fan View Post
My wife and I are moving to Ga. at the end of October and found a nice house to rent until we are ready to buy in Acworth. The Acworth and Kennesaw area are both great areas and have nice homes in that price range.
My sister has lived in both communities for some time and would give both a thumbs up. She retired earlier this year and plans to stay right there.

Old 09-19-2015, 05:13 PM

3,615 posts, read 6,287,393 times
West Cobb is one. 3/4 acres is pretty normal there at this price range and it'll get you a decent sized house with basement. Growing population in West Cobb will mean need for more day care. Start your search around Dallas Hwy and Macland Rd West of Barrett Parkway, Powder Springs zip codes. Great schools as well.

Old 09-20-2015, 12:10 AM

143 posts, read 98,925 times
Forsyth county Especially the Southern portion of it would be your best bet. You should be able to find a decent house for that price range. Forsyth County school system is the best in Georgia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or