U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 08:20 PM

103 posts, read 54,038 times

Advertisements

When the whites moved out of my neighborhood, I stayed. I introduced myself to the man across the street. He wouldn't shake my hand or tell me his name. Same with the neighbor behind me. But some of the others are very nice and we are on good terms. Lots of walkers. You can tell the residents from the transients.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2015, 08:27 PM

6,612 posts, read 6,535,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers2 View Post
When the whites moved out of my neighborhood, I stayed. I introduced myself to the man across the street. He wouldn't shake my hand or tell me his name. Same with the neighbor behind me. But some of the others are very nice and we are on good terms. Lots of walkers. You can tell the residents from the transients.
That sounds about like any other neighborhood...there are some friendly folks and some who aren't so friendly.

The problem with people fleeing a neighborhood (no matter what the reason) is that it usually it means a decline in property values. Hopefully you didn't experience that.

Old 09-27-2015, 09:07 PM

4,129 posts, read 3,220,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers2 View Post
My great aunt built a home with her husband back in the 50s in Candler Park. She never left throughout all the changes in that area. When she was younger she was much more active in the community. I remember being younger and watching them tear down some houses and put some new ones up. I didn't realize what was going on at the time.

Old 10-26-2015, 09:34 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,317,312 times
For those who haven't been through the drill, here's a synopsis of what you can expect from liberals:
  • If white people don’t move out to make room for diversity, it's called "Segregation". Segregation is considered to be evil.
  • If white people do move out, it's called "White Flight". White flight is considered to be evil.
  • If white people move in, its called “Gentrification”. Gentrification is considered to be evil.

Old 10-26-2015, 11:02 PM

4,229 posts, read 4,114,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
For those who haven't been through the drill, here's a synopsis of what you can expect from liberals:
  • If white people don’t move out to make room for diversity, it's called "Segregation". Segregation is considered to be evil.
  • If white people do move out, it's called "White Flight". White flight is considered to be evil.
  • If white people move in, its called “Gentrification”. Gentrification is considered to be evil.
For those who haven't been through the drill, here's a synopsis of what you can expect from extreme conservative:
  • The White majority hate white people and society is somehow anti white
  • Every time someone black says anything about racism it's wrong, it fact their more black racist than white racist. Even tho this contradict the southern poverty data
  • blacks thinks all whites are racists, if someone even brings racism up equal their blaming all whites.

Is that you?

This is why diversity important smh because if you grow up and interact with people in different back grounds you would have a better understanding and empathy of different cultures. And would had never made such a post.

- Gentrification cause people to get kick out of the neighborhoods, the issue isn't whites moving to the neighborhoods it's the minority being replace.

- White flight is fleeing minorities, black flight is blacks freeing poverty, white flight would flee wealthy blacks moving in their neighborhoods for no reason.

Also tip

"If white people don’t move out to make room for diversity, it's called "Segregation". Segregation is considered to be evil."

This literally makes no sense......... so should whites make room for whites but not minorities... rather than making room for who ever? And you see nothing wrong with what you just said?...... no words

Old 10-27-2015, 07:45 AM

2,299 posts, read 1,418,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
For those who haven't been through the drill, here's a synopsis of what you can expect from extreme conservative:
  • The White majority hate white people and society is somehow anti white
  • Every time someone black says anything about racism it's wrong, it fact their more black racist than white racist. Even tho this contradict the southern poverty data
  • blacks thinks all whites are racists, if someone even brings racism up equal their blaming all whites.

Is that you?

This is why diversity important smh because if you grow up and interact with people in different back grounds you would have a better understanding and empathy of different cultures. And would had never made such a post.

- Gentrification cause people to get kick out of the neighborhoods, the issue isn't whites moving to the neighborhoods it's the minority being replace.

- White flight is fleeing minorities, black flight is blacks freeing poverty, white flight would flee wealthy blacks moving in their neighborhoods for no reason.

Also tip

"If white people don’t move out to make room for diversity, it's called "Segregation". Segregation is considered to be evil."

This literally makes no sense......... so should whites make room for whites but not minorities... rather than making room for who ever? And you see nothing wrong with what you just said?...... no words
Precisely...also that poster has proven he is just plain ignorant as hell and prejudiced as all get out... Some people hang themselves on their own racism all you have to do is give them the rope and platform, and that poster just did exactly that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta