U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 08:00 AM

687 posts, read 512,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
Man, I don't think so. I constantly crave new music. My primary spotify playlist is pretty diverse and fresh, but honestly, I want it even more so. The two main acts I mentioned, to a lesser extent Bassnecatar, is incredibly repetitive.

But I'm not calling it bad music. I really can't wait to check the whole thing out! Just concerned about how long I will enjoy.

How robust are the patdowns on entry btw?

That sounds awesome, glad to hear you can get a bit of a break from the crowd and still check it out.

Tiki you need to get yourself in the 'All Gone Pete Tong' arena, easily the best tent available on the Saturday. No EDM nonsense....just solid rolling House music.

We've been the last 2 years on the Saturday and have spent probably 75% of total hours in there.

In response to your security question.....last year was very light, 2013 though was like going through airport style screening. Obviously you know the risks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 08:11 PM

5,243 posts, read 4,390,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLondoner View Post
Tiki you need to get yourself in the 'All Gone Pete Tong' arena, easily the best tent available on the Saturday. No EDM nonsense....just solid rolling House music.
Nice, I'll check that out, thanks!

Old 09-24-2015, 04:26 PM

7,710 posts, read 9,562,945 times
Looks like this year's Tomorrowworld is going to be damp.

Bummer!!!!!

Old 09-26-2015, 09:02 PM

3,744 posts, read 3,541,120 times
Tomorrowworld 2015

Here it is live

Old 09-27-2015, 06:39 AM

3,988 posts, read 3,276,400 times
It's been a hot mess with people trying get home. The shuttle buses have left people stranded and they are paying Uber driver cash because of frustration. Cars were also get stuck in mud. The surge for Uber reached 5.9 Friday night. Surprisingly no riots yet, people are walking in the road. It's crazy

Old 09-27-2015, 10:09 AM

7,710 posts, read 9,562,945 times
You're right.

Not many reports in the media yet, but if you look up Tomorrowworld on Reddit, you will see absolutely crazy stories.

The parking lots got too muddy and people got stuck. There was mass confusion among the people hired to direct parking and the police directing traffic...some Ubers dropped people off at the gate, others were directed to park & ride, so even if you took Uber, you still had to wait 3-4 hours in a field for a shuttle bus to take you to the event. As was said, Uber surged even with its fixed rate. People were paying $400 to get out of TW back to Atlanta.

Apparently, TW decided to just stop everything and they closed doors. That means unless you are in Dreamville camping out already, you can't get in. A lot of people left to seek drier ground and left stuff in Dreamville and they can't go back to get it. A lot of cars will have to be towed out of the parking lots (which are grass). It's a disaster with little information being transmitted by officials. I read reports that trash crews can't get in and the grounds are getting very dirty.

I'm hoping the festival goers keep their cool despite the mess, we don't want a Woodstock '99.

To me, this is completely inexcusable. ID&T has been producing huge festivals for over 20 years. It's not like we had a 2009 flood....just a little rain. How could that not be adequately planned for? Well, they didn't, and now tens of thousands of people are highly angry.

I read mostly good reports about the police, except that they didn't have information either and weren't consistent with how they were routing people. I really hope this ends up being 100% on ID&T and public officials didn't drop the ball anywhere.

Old 09-27-2015, 10:23 AM

9/27
IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Today, Sunday September 27, TomorrowWorld will only be accessible to visitors currently camping at DreamVille. Continuous rainfall over the last three days has severely limited capacity of the parking lots, entrance roads and drop off locations in and around the festival site. The experience of the TomorrowWorld visitors is always TomorrowWorld's number one priority, so TomorrowWorld was forced to close all daily parking lots and drop off locations. TomorrowWorld regrets that festivalgoers with day tickets, guest list tickets, and anyone not already camping at DreamVille will unfortunately not be able to access the festival. The last day of the festival will go on for the 40,000 visitors already situated in DreamVille, with David Guetta, Armin Van Buuren, and Martin Garrix all on deck. More information and refund policy will be available soon.

Old 09-27-2015, 10:50 AM

Rosalie Azzato says she and her friends spent hours trying to make it back to their hotel. In a video provided by Azzato, many people are seen walking along dark roads. Azzato said some gave up and slept along the roads. Azzato says cell phone service was terrible at the concert venue, and that made it difficult to call in a rider or an Uber drivers. She and others say that shuttles were not in full operation as well.
"We couldn't get in on any of the buses,” concertgoer Anthony Bondoch said. “It was a logistical nightmare and then some gentleman came out and was like the best option you have is to start walking. He told us it was a mile and a half, it's at least two or three miles in the dark, and by the time we got down here it was really difficult to get a ride. There were no Ubers, the shuttles were cancelled it was a total mess."
An estimated 180,000 people were expected to attend the electronic music festival over the weekend. The event first came to Georgia in 2013, and pumped more than $93 million into the state’s economy last year, according to organizers. The festival wraps up on Sunday.

Old 09-27-2015, 10:54 AM

3,744 posts, read 3,541,120 times
We live and learn. Everyone isn't perfect like you all are. This is the first time this has happened and I'm sure they will get it right next year. Again everyone and every event isn't perfect. I'm sure you all plan perfect events all the time but everyone and every event isn't so lucky

Old 09-27-2015, 11:08 AM

28,170 posts, read 24,722,232 times
Inclement weather causes problems for TomorrowWorld attendees | www.wsbtv.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or