U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 11:17 AM

4,265 posts, read 2,851,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
We live and learn. Everyone isn't perfect like you all are. This is the first time this has happened and I'm sure they will get it right next year. Again everyone and every event isn't perfect. I'm sure you all plan perfect events all the time but everyone and every event isn't so lucky
This sounds like a pretty colossal screw-up, especially when the festival is out in the middle of nowhere. Why were people waiting 3-4 hours for a shuttle bus? Di they seriously not consider the number of people and busses needed?

Nah, this sounds more like "cut costs to raise profits". Isn't the guy who runs TomorrowWorld already in some sort of legal battle over mismanagement?

I wonder if they will refund the ticket price to people who were not permitted to come today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2015, 11:21 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,292,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
This sounds like a pretty colossal screw-up, especially when the festival is out in the middle of nowhere. Why were people waiting 3-4 hours for a shuttle bus? Di they seriously not consider the number of people and busses needed?

Nah, this sounds more like "cut costs to raise profits". Isn't the guy who runs TomorrowWorld already in some sort of legal battle over mismanagement?

I wonder if they will refund the ticket price to people who were not permitted to come today.
Right TW planners totally incompetent and should have surveyed the area earlier and cancelled sooner. It was almost a riot.

Old 09-27-2015, 11:21 AM

3,744 posts, read 3,548,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post

Since you are perfect and know how to do everything perfectly I highly recommend you joining the TW committee next year

Old 09-27-2015, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
It's been a hot mess with people trying get home. The shuttle buses have left people stranded and they are paying Uber driver cash because of frustration. Cars were also get stuck in mud. The surge for Uber reached 5.9 Friday night. Surprisingly no riots yet, people are walking in the road. It's crazy
Atlwarrior......I'm calling bs on your post. First you said "surprising no riots yet" then you say later "it was almost a riot "

Old 09-27-2015, 11:26 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,292,883 times
Quote:
We live and learn. Everyone isn't perfect like you all are. This is the first time this has happened and I'm sure they will get it right next year. Again everyone and every event isn't perfect. I'm sure you all plan perfect events all the time but everyone and every event isn't so lucky
Sorry but until you pickup people stranded, hungry, and people walking for hours who paid for expensive tickets don't speak or try to defend it was a Epic failure. Someone even let horses loose off Bethelem road. I had to call 911

Old 09-27-2015, 11:29 AM

5,243 posts, read 4,400,975 times
Quote:
Uhhhh, no. At $150 a ticket, there is no excuse for having to walk down all those nasty muddy roads for MILES. I would be raging right now if I would have actually paid for the ticket. I only had to walk a little over a mile up a ton of hills and wait an hour for a bus because I didn't listen to what the festival planners were saying and did not park in that renaissance fair lot.

Personally, I would avoid any concerts put on by these guys. Some aspects of it were great, but this sort of meltdown for that amount of rain? 20+ plus years of putting on concerts and a venue that is ripe for prepping months/years out? no excuse

Give me a concert in Centennial /Piedmont Park over this any day

Old 09-27-2015, 11:36 AM

Ok ok. You all launch a concert next year called "The Perfect Concert" and for $150 you will guarantee no rain, snow,pollen, etc. Traffic will run smoothly during the entire event. No more than a 30 second wait to use the restroom or to order food. you will have the perfect concert because you are perfect and the weather will be perfect.

Old 09-27-2015, 11:51 AM

5,243 posts, read 4,400,975 times
Quote:
Ok ok. You all launch a concert next year called "The Perfect Concert" and for $150 you will guarantee no rain, snow,pollen, etc. Traffic will run smoothly during the entire event. No more than a 30 second wait to use the restroom or to order food. you will have the perfect concert because you are perfect and the weather will be perfect.
So no decent contingency plan for 3 days of rain is acceptable to you? This wasn't a flood, hurricane, or a disaster. But it sure felt like one as far as getting to and from the venue.

Now it's closed to anyone getting there today? That is the product of terrible planning right there, perfection not required. If it was a $30 concert, ok. But $150+? At an exclusive venue?

Old 09-27-2015, 11:56 AM

Yall never ran a business before and I can tell by your response to this. As a former business owner you try to make sure daily that your operations are ran perfectly for your customers. You work long hours to make sure everything runs perfect. You do a lot of stuff that people don't know about prior to make things run perfectly. When things do happen that come up unexpectedly you use preventative measures to prevent it from happening again. These are normal people (not robots) so things will not always run perfectly especially when it comes to weather. Mind you everything ran perfectly the first two years it was here. Just like flying an airplane. After each crash new procedures and training is put in place to prevent that disaster from happening again. This is a learning process and I'm 100% sure they will try to prevent this from happening next year. Anyone who has ran a real business before knows that stuff comes up all the time and the only thing you can do is learn from it and prepare for it next time

Old 09-27-2015, 12:02 PM

650 posts, read 1,272,563 times

all stuck in the mud
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or