Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 08:45 AM

1,535 posts, read 2,371,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Not that impressive when you consider Ultra was a one weekend festival this year and part of it was removed from what is now Museum Park next door to Bayfront Park as Miami is getting ready to open the new Frost Museum of Science.
Anyways enjoy TomorrowWorld in the Atlanta suburbs with 'camping" grounds. How prophetic and appropriate.
You sound like a whiny old Jewish woman. All you do is throw shade at Atlanta. The Chattahoochee Hills area is stunning in it's topography and all around beauty. Nothing in your precious hell hole Miami comes close. I have gone every year and all I have heard is RAVE comments of its incredible location from people from all over the planet, even MIAMI, whatever country that's in.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2015, 08:46 AM

2,167 posts, read 2,829,021 times
Flying out of ATL the Monday after TomorrowWorld is always good people watching.

Old 09-22-2015, 08:54 AM

8,485 posts, read 14,985,810 times
Quote:
Anyways enjoy TomorrowWorld in the Atlanta suburbs with 'camping" grounds. How prophetic and appropriate.
You do understand that is the whole point of the festival, right? The Belgian organizers specifically chose to bring TomorrowWorld here due to the similarity the area has to the area just outside of Brussels where the original TomorrowLand is held. Funny how a festival that's been taking place in Europe with the same setup for years has become one of the most respected events in the world, yet when the same organizers organize the same thing in Georgia it is some how inferior. In fact, most of the biggest festivals are held in similarly "remote" locations: Burning Man, Coachella, Isle of Wight so I'm not sure of your point.

Don't think for a second though that Atlanta doesn't know how to throw a massive music event in the central city. This just happened this past weekend:

Old 09-22-2015, 09:01 AM

1,535 posts, read 2,371,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
You do understand that is the whole point of the festival, right? The Belgian organizers specifically chose to bring TomorrowWorld here due to the similarity the area has to the area just outside of Brussels where the original TomorrowLand is held. Funny how a festival that's been taking place in Europe with the same setup for years has become one of the most respected events in the world, yet when the same organizers organize the same thing in Georgia it is some how inferior. In fact, most of the biggest festivals are held in similarly "remote" locations: Burning Man, Coachella, Isle of Wight so I'm not sure of your point.

Don't think for a second though that Atlanta doesn't know how to throw a massive music event in the central city. This just happened this past weekend:
The only point BOB has, is throwing negativity toward Atlanta. (Period).

Old 09-22-2015, 09:07 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,693,457 times
Default Here come the nations!

Quote:
Not that impressive when you consider Ultra was a one weekend festival this year and part of it was removed from what is now Museum Park next door to Bayfront Park as Miami is getting ready to open the new Frost Museum of Science.

Honestly Bob your constant ragging & dissing of all things Atlanta is repetitive, predictable & tiresome.
Throughout my years in Atlanta, I've seen & heard a lot of pettiness from folks out of various parts of Florida, mostly rooted in jealousy, who know that Atlanta is the business hub & capital of the southeast & that Florida, despite it's larger population, has no business hub to compare to Atlanta.
As for your Tomorrow World comments Bob, you might try a venue change & check out Tomorrow World yourself for an in-person look to experience what the Atlanta event is all about. Otherwise, perhaps it'd be wiser to keep your comments to yourself if you have no personal experience with it.
By my own reality-based comparison, the Miami area has NO Chattahoochee Hills type of beautiful countryside like the sort that Tomorrow World is set in. Anything that far out in the "country" outside of Miami would be in a miserable, bug & snake-infested swamp setting.

Old 09-22-2015, 09:07 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,047,632 times
Yup.

Tomorrow world's setting is utterly spectacular. They really turn the forest into a place that almost feels like it could be on another planet. And there's plenty of space, not just people crammed in.

I'm probably bringing a sheet or towel and small pillow this year.

If you see a guy just laying down on the side of a hill listening to the music, watching the show, and relaxing, that might be me!

I love TW. It would be nice if they had better amenities nearby, but it's remote and that's what you get. It's worth the drive out there and the mile long walk from your car to the grounds.

Old 09-22-2015, 09:08 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,782,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
Honestly Bob your constant ragging & dissing of all things Atlanta is repetitive, predictable & tiresome.
Throughout my years in Atlanta, I've seen & heard a lot of pettiness from folks out of various parts of Florida, mostly rooted in jealousy, who know that Atlanta is the business hub & capital of the southeast & that Florida, despite it's larger population, has no business hub to compare to Atlanta.
As for your Tomorrow World comments Bob, you might try a venue change & check out Tomorrow World yourself for an in-person look to experience what the Atlanta event is all about. Otherwise, perhaps it'd be wiser to keep your comments to yourself if you have no personal experience with it.
By my own reality-based comparison, the Miami area has NO Chattahoochee Hills type of beautiful countryside like the sort that Tomorrow World is set in. Anything that far out in the "country" outside of Miami would be in a miserable, bug & snake-infested swamp setting.

He just needs a girlfriend. He said the exact same stuff last year. It's like he has an alarm on his phone that lets him know anytime someone in the Atlanta forum compares TW to that festival in Miami

Old 09-22-2015, 06:21 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,234,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
This, my friend, is called getting old.
Man, I don't think so. I constantly crave new music. My primary spotify playlist is pretty diverse and fresh, but honestly, I want it even more so. The two main acts I mentioned, to a lesser extent Bassnecatar, is incredibly repetitive.

But I'm not calling it bad music. I really can't wait to check the whole thing out! Just concerned about how long I will enjoy.

How robust are the patdowns on entry btw?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
I'm probably bringing a sheet or towel and small pillow this year.

If you see a guy just laying down on the side of a hill listening to the music, watching the show, and relaxing, that might be me!
That sounds awesome, glad to hear you can get a bit of a break from the crowd and still check it out.

Old 09-22-2015, 08:35 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,153,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
In September 2014, TomorrowWorld welcomed 160,000 visitors from over 75 countries to the Chattahoochee Hills just outside of Atlanta, Georgia. This is like the Olympics of EDM festival.
160,000? Holy **** that's a lot of people...

Old 09-22-2015, 09:00 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,917,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
Bob has been incredibly threatened by and jealous of Atlanta for a long time, and not just on C-D. It goes across several forums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta