Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2015, 01:50 PM

37 posts, read 28,549 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to relocate from NY to GA in the next year to a year and an half. I currently work in a school district here, but the way jobs in school districts are set up is that you take a civil service test. Job opportunities are then mailed to you where you can decide if you want to go on an interview or not.

I am wondering if there is anything similar in GA. If not, how does one get work in a school district? I've been working in this field for the past 10 years so I would really like to continue in the same line of work. I'm looking to relocate to the Stone Mountain area so I'm hoping that I can find a school that is not too far away.

While I understand that I'm not looking to move for a year, it would be helpful to know where to look so that in the next few months to come I know where to look and can get a general idea of what pay is like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 03:06 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,161,242 times
If you think you'll be moving to Stone Mountain, these would be closest:

DeKalb County School District Employment

Gwinnett County Public Schools Employment

Also, you might could call the district for further application instructions.

Old 09-23-2015, 03:18 PM

Thank you for the info! I appreciate it.

Old 09-23-2015, 03:38 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,161,242 times
No problem, and if there's anything else you might want to know, we'll (hopefully) do our best to answer.

Old 09-23-2015, 03:43 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,044,046 times
I always heard of the civil service test! I though it was a relic from the past.

So all you have to do is take a test, and then they start calling you for interviews if you do well enough on it? Do we have anything like that here?

Old 09-23-2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
I always heard of the civil service test! I though it was a relic from the past.

So all you have to do is take a test, and then they start calling you for interviews if you do well enough on it? Do we have anything like that here?
Basically that's it. Although they do not call you, they send you letters on the mails with job openings. They send them to those who are reachable on the list.

It would be amazing if Georgia had something similar, but I highly doubt it.

Old 09-23-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarbundy View Post
No problem, and if there's anything else you might want to know, we'll (hopefully) do our best to answer.
Thank you again!

Old 09-23-2015, 06:32 PM

3,972 posts, read 12,652,753 times
What kind of job do you have currently?

Old 09-23-2015, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastminutemom View Post
What kind of job do you have currently?
My job now is a little difficult to explain, but it's basically customer service. Schools call us to help them with issues they are having with their SMS. We also provide training on how to use the product to both the office staff and teachers. What I do can easily be done within a school district, so I am hoping to maybe find something along those lines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: