U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 08:04 AM

6,419 posts, read 5,269,959 times

Advertisements

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...s-show-on.html

Show sounds interesting. I would if it will be anything like The Wire, Power or Empire. Good to see a real show with actors coming about based on the streets of Atlanta. May be dope...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2015, 10:38 AM

10,369 posts, read 10,383,590 times
Oh, goody. A show about gangs....

Old 10-16-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Oh, goody. A show about gangs....
I see your point. May be a good show may be a bad one. Its some funny and interesting things going on around these forums though Ansley...very interesting.

Old 10-16-2015, 01:40 PM

2,888 posts, read 1,972,246 times
The message seems positive, at least. A show similar to The Wire set in Atlanta wouldn't give off a good image of the city. And if it's on CBS, expect it to be pretty tame.

If this show happens along with Donald Glover's "Atlanta," Atlanta is going to be pretty conspicuous on TV, in a way much better than Real Housewives or Love and Hip Hop.

Old 10-16-2015, 01:43 PM

30,521 posts, read 28,915,588 times
The Wire presents a pretty rough image of Baltimore but I will have to say it is one of the best TV series I've ever seen.

Old 10-16-2015, 02:36 PM

5,304 posts, read 4,307,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
The Wire presents a pretty rough image of Baltimore but I will have to say it is one of the best TV series I've ever seen.
I haven't seen the Wire but I have seen some rough areas of Baltimore. Wonder how accurate it is

Old 10-17-2015, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Ive also been curious to see a street oriented show based in Atlanta or the south in general, a real Dick Wolfe type of drama, with writters and a script. Im surprised a certain airport/strip club fan is not all over this one......interesting indeed.

Old 10-17-2015, 07:09 AM

4,489 posts, read 4,813,974 times
Do not like the idea

Old 10-18-2015, 03:59 AM

13,708 posts, read 18,496,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
The message seems positive, at least. A show similar to The Wire set in Atlanta wouldn't give off a good image of the city. And if it's on CBS, expect it to be pretty tame.

If this show happens along with Donald Glover's "Atlanta," Atlanta is going to be pretty conspicuous on TV, in a way much better than Real Housewives or Love and Hip Hop.
You don't watch much TV apparently ...

NEW TV SHOWS SET IN ATLANTA:

"Atlanta” -- FX -- A comedy created and starring Donald Glover regarding the Atlanta rap scene. Set to air in 2016.

“Little Women Atlanta” -- Lifetime. -- A spinoff of the original “Little Women” reality show.

“Selling It: In the ATL” -- WE-TV. -- This is similar to “Cutting It: In the ATL” and debuts November 5. The show follows seven diverse female professionals who are changing the face of Atlanta real estate.

“Rickey Smiley For Real” -- TV One -- Reality show featuring Rickey Smiley’s personal and work life debuting in November

“Like a Boss” --Oxygen --Nick Cannon is an executive producer, follows the dynamic and hard-working assistants to the biggest mavens and moguls in the Atlanta entertainment scene

“Containment” -- the CW -- When a mysterious and deadly epidemic breaks out in Atlanta, a vast urban quarantine is quickly enforced, forcing those stuck on the inside to fight for their lives while local and federal officials desperately search for a cure. Trying to keep the peace on the streets is police officer Lex Carnahan, who has quickly risen through the ranks of the Atlanta PD.

“Game of Silence” -- NBC -- (midseason replacement coming early 2016) -- A rising Atlanta-based attorney (Revolution‘s David Lyons) on the brink of success could lose his perfectly crafted life when his long-lost childhood friends unexpectedly reappear after 25 years.

“Brothers in Atlanta” -- HBO -- Two struggling black entertainers coping with life in Atlanta. Maya Rudolph and Jaden Smith guest star.

“Preachers of Atlanta” -- Oxygen -- The description, released March 30, 2015: Atlanta is not only the home tfast cars, sprawling mansions and the southern elite, but a new generation of up-and-coming preachers who are superstars of the pulpit. The third installation from the popular franchise, “Preachers of Atlanta” documents the lives of the city’s young elite mega-pastors as they focus on the daily struggles and triumphs as husbands, wives, fathers, mothers and friends, while also maintaining their duties as men and women of God

EXISTING TV SHOWS SET IN ATLANTA:

“Flipping Virgins” -- HGTV. -- This is a reality show about people new to flipping homes.

“Dancin’ the Dream” -- Up TV -- A reality show featuring hip-hop dancers in Atlanta. Debuted September 12, 2015.

“Born Again Virgin” -- TV One. -- It’s about a 30-something female blogger who decides to become a “virgin again” and stay platonic while chronicling the love lives of her two best friends. It debuted in early August and was renewed in September for a second season.

“Get Swank’d” -- FYI -- A new makeover reality show that aired in late summer of 2015.

“Atlanta Plastic” -- Lifetime. -- A reality show about three local plastic surgeons (Dr. Wright Jones, Dr. Marcus Crawford and Dr. Aisha McKnight-Baron) which finished its first round of episodes. Ten more episodes are forthcoming as an extension of season one.

“Married at First Sight” -- A&E third season – This gimmicky reality show which has a simple concept that is explained in the title moves to Atlanta and is currently in production.

“Cutting It in the ATL” -- WE-TV -- Five Atlanta salon owners battle things out in a new reality show

“Satisfaction” -- USA -- second season returning October 16, 2015 at 10 p.m.

“Chrisley Knows Best” -- USA -- third season returned June 2, 2015, with London trip coming in november

“Finding Carter” -- MTV -- second season debuted March 31, 2015 with second part of season two back October 6, 2015

“Frankie and Neffe” -- BET -- second season concluded

“T.I. and Tiny” -- VH1 -- fifth season airing now

“Love & Hip Hop Atlanta” -- VH1 -- fourth season concluded, fifth forthcoming

“Married To Medicine” -- Bravo -- third season about to conclude

“The Real Housewives of Atlanta” -- Bravo -- season eight returning November 8, 2015

“Survivor’s Remorse” -- Starz -- second season debuted August 22, 2015 at 9:30 p.m.

“Sunday Best” -- BET -- eighth season completed summer 2015, no word yet on a ninth

“Being Mary Jane” -- BET -- third season coming

"The Walking Dead” -- AMC -- sixth season debuted last week

“Halt and Catch Fire” -- AMC -- third season forthcoming in summer 2016

“Say Yes to the Dress Atlanta” -- TLC -- eighth season concluded, ninth in production

“For Better or Worse” -- OWN -- fourth season returned Sept. 11

“If Loving You Is Wrong” -- OWN -- second season starting Sept. 22

“Love Thy Neighbor” OWN (third season concluded)

“Don’t Be Tardy” -- Bravo -- fourth season airing

Old 10-18-2015, 09:34 AM

30,521 posts, read 28,915,588 times
I hate to admit but I don't think I've seen any of those shows other than some bits and pieces of Real Housewives (who don't seem like any housewives I've ever known in Atlanta) and one episode of Walking Dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta