U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 10:22 AM

5,491 posts, read 4,566,174 times

Advertisements

The world is getting nosier like it or not.
Every where I have lived started out reasonably quiet, and with the increased population, along with it comes noise .
It is not even 8: am and I hear tractors working the winery right now, and during the day and evening I listen to about 2-4 different bands play at the very same time well into the night around 10 pm or later if it is a wedding, and these are with in a mile of the house some with in 300 yards.
Before I lived here in Temecula I lived in Big Bear and it was reasonably quiet when I was a kid but you wouldn't recognize it now.
And this goes for many other places I've lived , noise pollution is only going to grow, not subside, because too many people are trying to live in the same space.
They see as quiet but bring their noise with them.

As for a man using a leaf blower during the day ,I don't see a problem with that at least it is a consistent sound of progress and that is how that man keeps busy .
At least he has a life, and does something with it.
No I do not complain about the noise to the authorities, I'm not aware that any one does, knowing that this is how they make their living, and these are tough times.
When I get back into fabricating and blacksmithing it's going to get even nosier day after day so I will be making my own contribution to the pollution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2015, 11:50 AM

3,697 posts, read 3,287,160 times
That's a beauty of a backyard.
He can come here and blow from 9am-5pm.
Reminds me of a sign I saw yesterday.
"Mind your own biskits and the rest is gravy."

Old 10-17-2015, 12:12 PM

28,150 posts, read 24,687,439 times
30 minutes can totally fly by when you are blowing leaves.

What's next, you can only mow a certain number of hours per week?

Old 10-17-2015, 12:21 PM

3,323 posts, read 4,794,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I have really good hearing compared to most people, but I've never used a blower that was so loud I needed hearing protection.
It's a commercial leaf blower, it's the type with a gas powered 2 cycle engine which is worn on your back. All the landscaping crews use them and they are extremely loud. I have an electric blower which isn't really all that loud.

Old 10-17-2015, 01:14 PM

246 posts, read 208,411 times
I wish these things were banned, seriously, or a max decibel imposed. The landscaping crews used to get started up with these noisemakers at 6:45 a.m. where I used to live, twice a week, right next to my window. Most people are starting to get up for work by this time, but geez, who wants to be shocked out of bed like that in the morning? Twice-a-week heart attack!

Old 10-17-2015, 01:19 PM

9,568 posts, read 8,639,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post

It's unbelievable how many sheltered suburbanites think the law can be used to "protect" their little idyll by forcing their conventions on everybody else. But the knife can cut both ways in cases like this.
Folks don't blow leaves intown any more???? Lord, I moved and the place went to heck.

Old 10-17-2015, 01:29 PM

3,464 posts, read 4,308,504 times
Yesssss!!!! It's about time somebody stood up to idiots with mechanized leaf blowers and fights for their quality of life!!
A sad commentary on what a lazy society we have become to begin with, but forcing all that noise on other people should be met with resistance. Just when you think it cant get any worse than the open pipe biker guy with always-barking pit bull, here comes leaf blower guy

Old 10-17-2015, 01:29 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,502,666 times
#countryclubproblems

Old 10-17-2015, 01:42 PM

4,129 posts, read 3,230,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I have really good hearing compared to most people, but I've never used a blower that was so loud I needed hearing protection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
It's a commercial leaf blower, it's the type with a gas powered 2 cycle engine which is worn on your back. All the landscaping crews use them and they are extremely loud. I have an electric blower which isn't really all that loud.
Exactly. We have an Echo you wear like a backpack. It's like placing your head a foot from a lawnmower engine.

Old 10-17-2015, 01:46 PM

7,707 posts, read 9,549,562 times
Quote:
the neighbors are people with way too much free time on their hands
Why can't they just be people who would like to relax?

Or people who have babies they'd like to nap without being woken up every day.

I think the idea here is simple: "be reasonable."

Do people have to blow leaves and mow grass? Of course they do. But three times a week? That's unreasonable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or