U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 08:45 AM

4,941 posts, read 3,989,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
I live in a town home and I know how loud those things are every Monday morning, as they are literally my alarm clock, but im pretty sure neighborhoods like his would end up with people whining about having too many leaves in his yard also.

"Treaster maintains he only uses his blower during the times his Homeowner’s association allows for it, between 8 AM and 6PM."
-Technically he was doing nothing wrong, but just being a clean and noisy neighbor.
See, there you go. Get the homeowners to restrict those times or the days where leafblowing is allowed, and it will curtail this nuisance behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2015, 08:49 AM

9,483 posts, read 13,334,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
30 minutes can totally fly by when you are blowing leaves.

What's next, you can only mow a certain number of hours per week?
Please! Seriously I have a neighboring family who uses some type of power lawn tool pretty much every other day, year round. Leaf blower, snow blower, lawn mower, noise, noise, noise all the freakin' time. We crack jokes about it (mostly because it seems like it's some sort of weird family bonding thing) but I could definitely see how it could get to the point that the guys neighbors feel like something needs to be done about the noise problem.

Old 10-19-2015, 12:27 PM

9,553 posts, read 8,612,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
OTP issues lol
Do leaf blowers only exist OTP??? I didn't know that ITPers had stopped keeping their yards nice.

Old 10-19-2015, 12:43 PM

28,109 posts, read 24,632,008 times
What about the First amendment which provides for freedom of expression?

Not to mention the Second, Fourth, Fifth and probably others. Depriving a man of his leaf blower is cruel and unusual.

Old 10-19-2015, 01:30 PM

4,941 posts, read 3,989,015 times
Quote:
What about the First amendment which provides for freedom of expression?

Not to mention the Second, Fourth, Fifth and probably others. Depriving a man of his leaf blower is cruel and unusual.
"A well-manicured lawn being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear leaf blowers shall not be infringed."

Old 10-19-2015, 01:45 PM

3,267 posts, read 4,774,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiime View Post
Unless you've experienced someone that has this obnoxious obsessive behavior with leaf blowers, you really don't understand what the neighbors are going through. You can make all the suburban jokes you want, but imagine someone basically dictating when you can go outside and be able to hear yourself think, or when you must close your windows from all the dust being kicked up, or just when you are forced to listen to the most annoying noise in the world, even inside your house, and you have no choice. I have a neighbor who for years would start blowing her yard EVERY Saturday at 1:00 and would go nonstop until at least 7 or 8:00. It was a nightmare. When she started doing this, I asked her many times very politely if she would maybe start earlier in the day, or could at least cut her hours. Basically every Saturday afternoon we were stuck inside. If you went outside, you couldn't hear someone talking a couple feet way. I'm sure I'll get some nasty comments on this regarding peoples rights to do this, but I'm not kidding...it was insanely awful. Over time my requests got less and less polite, until one day we ended up basically yelling at each other in the middle of the street. Not my proudest moment, but it had really gotten to that point. I think she finally got the hint from me and all the other neighbors, and has now cut back a good deal, but I can understand first hand how these neighbors feel if he is in fact blowing his yard this much.
After asking the first, second, and third time, my next time I would have asked with the following involved. Window, brick, bag of dog crap, a note asking them to not do it again.

Old 10-19-2015, 02:06 PM

1,228 posts, read 1,987,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Do leaf blowers only exist OTP??? I didn't know that ITPers had stopped keeping their yards nice.
No. Most of the leafblowers going in midtown belong to landscaping crews and they start pretty early in the am.

Old 10-19-2015, 02:20 PM

28,109 posts, read 24,632,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
"A well-manicured lawn being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear leaf blowers shall not be infringed."
Exactly!

Old 10-19-2015, 02:44 PM
JPD

11,849 posts, read 14,459,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Why does he need an industrial sized leaf blower?
Because it counterbalances his other equipment, which is child sized.

Old 10-19-2015, 05:28 PM

1,381 posts, read 2,478,644 times
Quote:
30 minutes can totally fly by when you are blowing leaves.

What's next, you can only mow a certain number of hours per week?
I'm not sure what it is so hard to understand. If someone cranked their stereo to that decibel level all the damn time, would you consider that to be different? There are noise ordinances everywhere. Just because you happen to be pushing leaves from one side of your yard to the other doesn't mean you get a free pass.

The guy gets NINETY MINUTES of blowing time each week. That is an hour and half. Obviously he was blowing all the damn dime and has OCD and something had to be done.

Surely if you lived next door you could see how this could be annoying as hell. Obviously the judge agreed based upon the evidence the neighbors brought forth.

The guy said it got real ugly. He probably stepped up his blowing time even more out of spite.

Last edited by ATL Golfer; 10-19-2015 at 05:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or