Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2015, 04:52 PM

16 posts, read 24,453 times

Advertisements

I'm going to go to live full time by rving (recreational vehicle travel) and I have some good furniture I'd like to get some money from. I'm not greedy. All the stuff is in great shape - single person, no pets, no smoking.

I've posted some of it on Craigs List and Nextdoor.com no bites. I've been lowering the price over time - no interest. I've done all the right things - photos, low prices.

I'm not looking for anyone here to make me an offer.

Does anyone have some suggestions where to post it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2015, 05:00 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,751,858 times
I just installed this app called, "letgo". It's like craigslist, but simpler. You can try that or, craigslist.

Also, good for your on the RV living. That's the way to go.

Old 11-05-2015, 05:07 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,977,735 times
Back in the day when I lived in an apt. Complex I posted pics for the community bulletin board...sold everything within 2 days.
Have you tried your fb page?
Garage sale?
Consignment place?

Old 11-05-2015, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
Back in the day when I lived in an apt. Complex I posted pics for the community bulletin board...sold everything within 2 days.
Have you tried your fb page?
Garage sale?
Consignment place?
Thanks - I'm in a townhome community that doesn't do garage sales.

I've looked at consignment shops - it appears to be for only high end stuff.

Old 11-05-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokivos View Post
I just installed this app called, "letgo". It's like craigslist, but simpler. You can try that or, craigslist.

Also, good for your on the RV living. That's the way to go.
thanks - I don't have a smart phone

Old 11-05-2015, 05:47 PM

2,862 posts, read 3,818,726 times
Maybe you should try a furniture consignment shop. My boyfriend and I browsed through Consignment Furniture Depot in Chamblee (Consignment Furniture Depot,Arrivals and Departures Daily) a couple of months ago and the furniture was nice. I have some things in storage that I'd like to sell so I asked about the process. They said you send them pics of the furniture so they can decide if they will accept it, and if they do, then you drop it off. I forgot what they said about pricing, percentages, and how long they try to sell it.

Of course I had completely forgotten the name of the place, but I remembered the location so when I googled, I found the name of other places as well on Yelp: Best Furniture consignment stores in Atlanta, GA. At least it will be off your hands and someone else can work on selling it.

Old 11-05-2015, 05:52 PM

2,862 posts, read 3,818,726 times
Also, I'm not sure what you're saying in your Craiglist ad, but you could try saying you are having a moving sale and everything must go by such and such date and post a few pics. Don't list each item separately. If it were me, I'd seriously be ready to move if I let someone in my place because I definitely don't need total strangers casing the joint and coming back to rob me.

Old 11-05-2015, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleKaye View Post
Maybe you should try a furniture consignment shop. My boyfriend and I browsed through Consignment Furniture Depot in Chamblee (Consignment Furniture Depot,Arrivals and Departures Daily) a couple of months ago and the furniture was nice. I have some things in storage that I'd like to sell so I asked about the process. They said you send them pics of the furniture so they can decide if they will accept it, and if they do, then you drop it off. I forgot what they said about pricing, percentages, and how long they try to sell it.

Of course I had completely forgotten the name of the place, but I remembered the location so when I googled, I found the name of other places as well on Yelp: Best Furniture consignment stores in Atlanta, GA. At least it will be off your hands and someone else can work on selling it.
Excellent Thanks - I couldn't find something that would work like that. I have a pick up truck so it could work.

I've tried to see on line how consignment works. A quick look says that the the sell gets about 50% on a sliding scale depending upon how long the item takes to sell. Then there are fees. I have a ceramic top kitchen table set that might get $300 I'm guessing I'd get less then $150 if it sold fast.

I can see how, if you can't drop off the furniture yourself it still won't get you a lot of money. If you have a living room set they sell for $600, then you pay $200 to get it to the store you might net $100.

However, I learned that there are consignment shops - that I might buy from in the future also.

Last edited by DexterGeorgia; 11-05-2015 at 06:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta