Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 05:56 AM

6,503 posts, read 6,116,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post

Again though, I don't know why the terrorists would want to attack the south, or have any real beef with the south. With a penchant for theocracy and religiosity and homophobia and a love of guns, them ISIS actually would fit right in around here.
Because they really don't give a **** about the difference between the North and the South, they want to kill Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 06:17 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,375,951 times
Folks - Don't you think they are already here? If millions of folks can cross our southern border, I'm pretty sure ISIS has already done just that.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:42 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,288,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Yep. So much for that. Especially if the end game is to kill us.
If the end game was to kill us, they cold have accomplished that very easily and for very little money by going around setting buildings on fire during the drought we had a few years ago.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:50 AM

1,478 posts, read 1,723,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Folks - Don't you think they are already here? If millions of folks can cross our southern border, I'm pretty sure ISIS has already done just that.
Exactly. Homegrown terrorism is MUCH more of a concern to me than people coming in as refugees. Refugees undergo an INTENSE screening procedure before entering our borders. Is everybody blind to the fact that right now, Atlanta has a very large refugee population? Do you constantly hear of them shooting up a city? Because I don't. I mean seriously, our lack of laws regulating guns is much more dangerous to our everyday lives than letting in refugees. I'm more afraid of some white christian dude grabbing an automatic weapon and shooting up the mall because he has beef with the mall putting up a "Holiday Tree" rather than a "Christmas Tree". Or maybe even because Starbucks uses red cups Violence happens, and preventing refugees from coming here isn't going to get rid of it, and I'd bet it doesn't make it any more likely that it will happen beyond our everyday baseline. Isis is already here, and when they want to make themselves known, they will.

The 99.9% of refugees are from war-torn places - they have no money, they have no food, they have no homes. These are people who if they remain in Syria, will side with Isis. Rejected by the world with literally no other options. Fourthwarden is right - if we isolate desperate people together in a country, they will side with our enemies, that is fact. Don't we want to do the opposite, and allow people to start life fresh in a place where they can grow, succeed, and live free, without the influence of radical extremists? All of you who always fight for the Christian way of doing things, here is your shot. People need help, let's help them.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:52 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,288,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
There is no way you can guarantee that innocent Americans will not be harmed or killed by allowing these refugees into our country.
You can never guarantee anyone's safety. Guarantees can never be the bench line for refugee admission, because guarantees do not exist.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:54 AM

1,478 posts, read 1,723,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
You can never guarantee anyone's safety. Guarantees can never be the bench line for refugee admission, because guarantees do not exist.
Exactly.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:59 AM

253 posts, read 304,454 times
Finding ways to disrupt integration of MENA immigrants into Western society is about the stupidest and most dangerous thing possible. It's as though these governors got together and all said, "hmm, how can we get our own terrorists attacks? Oh, I know! Let's make it difficult to impossible for Syrian refugees to become a true part of American culture so as to make them more susceptible to jihadi rhetoric."

Old 11-17-2015, 08:00 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,851,746 times
White people scare me.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:26 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,691,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
White people scare me.
Damn ignorance scares me mate. Please don't act like ignorance is only for whites (or blacks or any arbitrary dividing line).

Old 11-17-2015, 08:48 AM

1,979 posts, read 2,382,336 times
Frankly I am deeply embarrassed and ashamed by Deal, and his supporters in this matter.

The position taken is not one of the America I know or the America millions dream about. It's a position of cowardice and of weakness and of jingoistic fear of the other. Not to mention all it amounts to is pandering because Deal has NO SAY in what happens with refugees - nor does any governor.

I am not afraid. I will gladly accept refugees in my community. Even if, for some reason it were to wind up being a terrorist - I would rather die knowing I did the RIGHT AND COMPASSIONATE thing, than the fearful and cowardly thing.

But that's just me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta