U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 12:51 AM

14 posts, read 42,554 times
Default Marietta

I'd like some good honest advice about moving to Marietta, 30066 zipcode. My main reason would be good schools and affordable homes. I would love to hear from any one who made a move to Marietta recently or people who have lived there for a while.

Also, I will be commuting from Buckhead, and I am wondering what the traffic will be like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantago View Post
I'd like some good honest advice about moving to Marietta, 30066 zipcode. My main reason would be good schools and affordable homes. I would love to hear from any one who made a move to Marietta recently or people who have lived there for a while.

Also, I will be commuting from Buckhead, and I am wondering what the traffic will be like?
Anyone live in Marietta? Please respond

Old 02-02-2008, 10:41 AM

67 posts, read 205,263 times
Quote:
Anyone live in Marietta? Please respond
That is the zip in which I live. I really like it but don't commute and haven't had to drive to Buckhead in peak times. As far as the area, it is a nice place to live with reasonably priced homes. We could actually get a nice new construction home for around $500k, mostly families with kids in our neighborhood. It is very handy to have the Barrett Pkwy shopping area relatively close and we've had no crime or any problems like that. Traffic in the immediate area during peak times is tame IMO. Been very happy here. There are a lot of older (meaning like the 70's lol) homes in the area and I think they are very reasonably priced. We choose this area because we could get a newer house as opposed to the Walton district where we'd be in something older around the $500k mark. Having friends living in that Walton/Pope area who paid way more than us on homes and getting more fixer upper homes just makes us thankful we made the decision we did. Hope this helps.

Brenda

Old 02-02-2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamato3BB's View Post
That is the zip in which I live. I really like it but don't commute and haven't had to drive to Buckhead in peak times. As far as the area, it is a nice place to live with reasonably priced homes. We could actually get a nice new construction home for around $500k, mostly families with kids in our neighborhood. It is very handy to have the Barrett Pkwy shopping area relatively close and we've had no crime or any problems like that. Traffic in the immediate area during peak times is tame IMO. Been very happy here. There are a lot of older (meaning like the 70's lol) homes in the area and I think they are very reasonably priced. We choose this area because we could get a newer house as opposed to the Walton district where we'd be in something older around the $500k mark. Having friends living in that Walton/Pope area who paid way more than us on homes and getting more fixer upper homes just makes us thankful we made the decision we did. Hope this helps.

Brenda
Thanks a lot Brenda it is nice to know the area is not bad. I will not be looking for new construction though. How about parks, recreation, games etc. How long have you been living there? Have there beenany negatives in your opinion or has it been all positive?

Old 02-02-2008, 05:04 PM

8,617 posts, read 11,268,467 times
Default Schools...Great!

Quote:
Thanks a lot Brenda it is nice to know the area is not bad. I will not be looking for new construction though. How about parks, recreation, games etc. How long have you been living there? Have there beenany negatives in your opinion or has it been all positive?

Great High Schools...Sprayberry, Kell, and Lassiter.

Their corresponding feeder schools (elementary, middle) are also great.

Let me know if you'd like more details on the schools (specific areas, specific schools, etc.).

Old 02-03-2008, 09:04 AM

Quote:
We have lived here since August, moved from Minneapolis. There is a nice big park here, can't remember the name but it isn't far from Canton Road. But we've never gone to it. We mostly play in the neighborhood playground, backyard or at the school playground. We go for lots of walks all around although many areas near us seem to lack sidewalks which we noticed all over East Cobb when looking for houses. This area has a very suburban feel to it, lots of families. Truly the only negetive I can think of is lots of dog barking in the early morning lol

Old 02-03-2008, 05:37 PM

Default Noonday Park?

Quote:
We have lived here since August, moved from Minneapolis. There is a nice big park here, can't remember the name but it isn't far from Canton Road. But we've never gone to it. We mostly play in the neighborhood playground, backyard or at the school playground. We go for lots of walks all around although many areas near us seem to lack sidewalks which we noticed all over East Cobb when looking for houses. This area has a very suburban feel to it, lots of families. Truly the only negetive I can think of is lots of dog barking in the early morning lol
Noonday Park, perhaps?

Old 02-03-2008, 06:56 PM

Shaw Park is what I mean. I drove by it earlier.

Old 02-03-2008, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Shaw Park is what I mean. I drove by it earlier.
OK...

Yes, Shaw Park is nice.

Old 02-04-2008, 01:33 PM

81 posts, read 129,045 times
Quote:

Hi I am moving to Marietta in June this year. I will be at 30064 off Sandtown Road. Kids will be going to Still, Lovinggood and Hillgrove.

Mike
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta