Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 08:09 AM

371 posts, read 456,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry X View Post
Sounds like you're in the same boat I was in, your next best move will be Westview/Westwood, I just entered zip 30310 in popular home search sites, covers the entire area. Westwood is short for Westwood Terrance a neighborhood just West of Westview, it's connected to Westview all in the same area, I'm pretty sure Westview and Westwood are used interchangeably, I dont think Westwood has a neighborhood association like Westview so I'm wondering if residence of Westwood can join the Westview association. See link below for Westview boundaries then notice Westwood Terrace right next to it.

Westview Is Conveniently Located Near Downtown Atlanta and the Airport | Westview Atlanta

Thanks for the info, Larry! I look forward to checking out the neighborhood on a sunny day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 11:49 AM

787 posts, read 968,937 times
The house I almost bought is still available been sitting for a while now. I have to imagine the reason being the same reason I decided not to buy it, the layout of the home. Most people now a days like the open floor plan which this certainly is not plus it lacks windows in the main living area. Such a shame because it's in a great location, walking distance from West End Park, CVS, and the heart of Ralf D. Abernathy.

940 Oak St Sw, Atlanta, GA 30310 - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com®

Old 02-25-2016, 12:03 PM

371 posts, read 456,711 times
Quote:
The house I almost bought is still available been sitting for a while now. I have to imagine the reason being the same reason I decided not to buy it, the layout of the home. Most people now a days like the open floor plan which this certainly is not plus it lacks windows in the main living area. Such a shame because it's in a great location, walking distance from West End Park, CVS, and the heart of Ralf D. Abernathy.

940 Oak St Sw, Atlanta, GA 30310 - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com®
Oh, I've seen this listing! Most buyers in West End are looking for a very specific home. The historic 1920s craftsman bungalow. The ones with the stone/brick entry, huuge front porch (for porch parties, of course). This home just does not fit in with the restored historic homes in the neighborhood. It's newer, and that's not a good thing in this case I think it was a good idea not to buy this one. I wish this one had been built to at least look more like the historic bungalows.

Old 02-25-2016, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuiOui View Post
Oh, I've seen this listing! Most buyers in West End are looking for a very specific home. The historic 1920s craftsman bungalow. The ones with the stone/brick entry, huuge front porch (for porch parties, of course). This home just does not fit in with the restored historic homes in the neighborhood. It's newer, and that's not a good thing in this case I think it was a good idea not to buy this one. I wish this one had been built to at least look more like the historic bungalows.
All those homes on that Street were built in the early 90's by one person (heard it was a drug dealer).
All of them are occupied except this one, the last two sold for over 200k. Beautiful street, no abandon homes except maybe one that's under contract, the street is soo cute with the close knit colorful homes looks like something out of Mayberry.

Old 02-25-2016, 06:38 PM

246 posts, read 316,139 times
If I could rate this home, I would say "not bad at all." Some of the bright colors could be toned down a bit with paint--easy fix. The garage on the front doesn't quite fit in with the rest of the home--perhaps more decorative carriage doors or a paint a color that blends in with the house might make it fit in better. Too bad they couldn't do a back/side entry garage. A garage in the West End is a rarity.

Old 02-27-2016, 04:27 AM

4 posts, read 4,604 times
Quote:
So I pulled out at the last minute, I just wasn't feeling the layout of the home, never did, I was more in love with the neighborhood than the house especially at 158K on Oak St. in West End but I just cant live in a home I don't like. West End is out of my range now with reno's starting at around 180K and up (the seller relisted that house I was about to buy at 175K), so now we are looking in Westview, is Beecher st. considered the West End? some sites have Beecher st as the West End, some have it as Westview, and some have it as Cascade, ikd they seem to be used interchangeably but Westview seems to be the next hottest area on the West side.
I know the house you are talking about its across the street from me. We would have been nieghbors.

Old 02-27-2016, 12:09 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,523,810 times
I would get as close to Westend rail station as possible if I were to live in that area.

Old 02-27-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egatsby View Post
I know the house you are talking about its across the street from me. We would have been nieghbors.
Aww man, I really love that location but just wasn't feeling the house.

Old 02-27-2016, 01:08 PM

I'm going to view another home on Monday. Check this one out, not West End or Westview but still close to the Beltline (Lee St.) and Oakland City rail station, plus the price is right!

1128 Cahaba Dr Sw, Atlanta, GA 30311 - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com®

Old 02-27-2016, 08:21 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,782,996 times
Quote:
I'm going to view another home on Monday. Check this one out, not West End or Westview but still close to the Beltline (Lee St.) and Oakland City rail station, plus the price is right!

1128 Cahaba Dr Sw, Atlanta, GA 30311 - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com®
Sharp place!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta