Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 08:01 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,054,003 times

Advertisements

Speaking as a person who spent his teens playing video games at arcades, I would say that your target market is kids who are old enough to drive, but not old enough to drink.

I know things have changed quite a bit since those days, but assuming a few core things haven't, my suggestions would be as follows:

1) I'd look around the North Point area, where you can tap into Alpharetta teens, but it's still central enough that you could get influx from Johns Creek, Kennesaw, etc.

2) I would make sure to stay open late, at least midnight on weekends. That's when kids are out looking for stuff to do, especially when they can't get into bars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2015, 09:03 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,237,327 times
Serve the older crowd if repair will be the primary source of income. I used to do this work and they are great customers. Everyone else knows how to Google and are buying "disposable" computers/devices. Small business is also a great source of income, but that is shrinking all the time with so many programs being sold as a service.

If you want to sell IT service, you definitely want to be mobile and serve a region. Plenty of places that fit that description around the metro, Cobb as a whole seems like it would be good, Forsyth, northern Gwinnett, probably a ton more places that would be great. I would look at where money and a older age residents reside and make that my target.

Old 12-07-2015, 09:11 AM

2,412 posts, read 2,785,121 times
Maybe North Dekalb Mall. Judging from the stores there, the overhead may not be that bad--especially with Macy's closing. But, there is a comic shop with a different type of gaming, a movie theater and a food court, that might work well with the gaming crowd. The inflatables place from City of Decatur just moved in--so it must be perceived as safe. It is close to a lot of areas with high incomes. Assuming that your model is workable at all (per Larry X), it could work there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta