Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 07:34 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,851,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
This was once true about Downtown, but is not the case any longer. As GSU has increased the number of students living Downtown, many businesses are now open at night to accommodate their needs.
Downtown is surprisingly active at night. There are more people down there and during the tourist season, COP and Hotel District is active.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2015, 08:14 AM

Kirkwood, on Memorial Dr with access to the frequent 21 bus.
Braden Fellman » Apartments/Lofts » Garden View

Old 12-17-2015, 05:43 PM

29 posts, read 31,685 times
So I've begun to take an interest in the marta areas around Edgewood/Inman/Candler Park. What are the demographics like there as far as people? And crime?

What turns me away from midtown now is the lack of space in many of the complexes. I'd prefer a more.. "home" style of living. I'd prefer a lot of room, and be able to have people park near me for free (or at least not pay for parking).

Old 12-18-2015, 04:12 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,128,454 times
Inman Park is nice, but expensive IMO. Very walkable and close to the beltline especially in the more urban part of it.

Edgewood is a little iffy IMO...it's getting there. Candler Park is similar.

Old 12-21-2015, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Geno View Post
So I've begun to take an interest in the marta areas around Edgewood/Inman/Candler Park. What are the demographics like there as far as people? And crime?

What turns me away from midtown now is the lack of space in many of the complexes. I'd prefer a more.. "home" style of living. I'd prefer a lot of room, and be able to have people park near me for free (or at least not pay for parking).
APD Zone 6, look at the crime map for yourself. APD Zone 6
As someone who lives in Kirkwood, Zone 6, I enjoy it as it is rapidly improving. The areas south of DeKalb Ave are very diverse with a mix of race and SES. All areas offer free, on-street parking.

Old 12-21-2015, 07:20 AM

Looks like Kirkwood isn't as crime-ridden as I originally assumed. Edgewood seems to take most of the map at least in the past few months.

I'm now starting to wonder if Marta would truly be convenient but I need to figure my downtown parking situation out before I rule it out completely.

Old 12-21-2015, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Looks like Kirkwood isn't as crime-ridden as I originally assumed. Edgewood seems to take most of the map at least in the past few months.

I'm now starting to wonder if Marta would truly be convenient but I need to figure my downtown parking situation out before I rule it out completely.
It is never more than 10 minutes from Five Points to Edgewood/Candler Park Station. Most downtown employers have a BreezeCard program.

Old 12-21-2015, 11:11 AM

BreezeCard program? For marta? Is it subsidized in some form?

Old 12-21-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
BreezeCard program? For marta? Is it subsidized in some form?
Some employers do: MARTA > Fares And Discounts > Employer Pass

Old 12-21-2015, 01:27 PM

222 posts, read 242,958 times
Quote:

Cqholt lives in Kirkwood and I live in Edgewood. I think either would be great options if you can find an apartment available. The majority of crime occurring in Edgewood is coming from the NE corridor of the neighborhood (ie. Edgewood Courts) and to a lesser extent the petty crime that occurs at the Edgewood Retail district.

I'd also recommend looking at viable options in Grant Park/Cabbagetown Area. There are still some apartments that can be had for sub 1k if you put the effort in researching.

Example: The brand new apartment complex 1/1, ($1,050) just outside your budget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: