Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Your personal preference ?
Tucker 7 63.64%
Fayetteville 4 36.36%
Powder Springs 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 07:35 AM

23 posts, read 23,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
What kind of vibe are you looking for? Stuff to do? Dining? Peace and quiet? I don't know about Tucker but I grew up in Fayetteville and I now live in Powder Springs.

Some general observations:

Fayetteville-- very quiet, lots of shopping and dining options. Piedmont Hospital is there and it is an excellent, beautiful hospital. Fayetteville is becoming very quickly majority African-American. Peachtree City right next door is beautiful too, very family oriented.

Powder Springs-- quiet. Very quiet. Very much an "in-between" town. There's not much here, you'll have to go to Hiram (5-10 min away) or Marietta (20 min away) to do any shopping or go to any restaurants, unless it's Mexican. There is railroad going right through downtown and it is VERY busy, which can be maddening. Close access to I-20. You will get more for your money here than Fayetteville. Look in the Lost Mountain area of Powder Springs-- this is the nicer side of town.
Mostly looking for a liberal vibe. Mostly plan to stay at home mostly but I enjoy going to the movies,shopping out to eat hear and there.

Ive heard about piedmont hospital !

OH so powder Springs has alot of noise due to the railroad...

I also picked these places because it seems like they had abundant housing stock. Ideally I wanted a brick 2 bedroom anything assuming theyre ok with large dogs..with very low HOA fees if It came to that.

Thank you for all your input
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2015, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post
I don't care for Powder Springs (or any of the other western burbs.) Tucker is ok. It's somewhat convenient to a lot of job centers. Lots of traffic potential but still a lot of options. I don't know about Tucker in particular but you'd be near the northeastern corridor along I 85 and US 23 which is very diverse. East Asia, south Asia, SW Asia, eastern European, hispanic, you name it.
Fayetteville is where I would move IF I had a family or a close job. Great area. Not that diverse but diversity probably increases the closer to Clayton County you are. Bad side is only the airport is close by. The other major job centers are quite a hike.
I like tucker the best out of all three, and fayetteville seems great quiet and affordable.

Old 12-25-2015, 09:07 AM

16,651 posts, read 29,400,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuriel718 View Post
Mostly looking for a liberal vibe. Mostly plan to stay at home mostly but I enjoy going to the movies,shopping out to eat hear and there.

Ive heard about piedmont hospital !

OH so powder Springs has alot of noise due to the railroad...

I also picked these places because it seems like they had abundant housing stock. Ideally I wanted a brick 2 bedroom anything assuming theyre ok with large dogs..with very low HOA fees if It came to that.

Thank you for all your input

Based on this post, Tucker is the place for you. Without a doubt.

Old 12-25-2015, 09:14 AM

5,618 posts, read 5,906,558 times
Quote:
I like tucker the best out of all three, and fayetteville seems great quiet and affordable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Based on this post, Tucker is the place for you. Without a doubt.
Definitely. If you already like you should definitely check it out and it will be more on the liberal side than a largely conservative Fayetteville. I'd just try to check out some crime maps but I think the immediate Tucker area is just fine

Old 12-26-2015, 07:25 PM

What about Tucker declining and annexation? Whats the buisness with that ? I dont care much about schools because I dont have any kids but will it increase crime or ? On Sperlings Best places they rank the crime in each area about the same..

Old 12-26-2015, 08:04 PM

16,651 posts, read 29,400,141 times
Quote:
What about Tucker declining and annexation? Whats the buisness with that ? I dont care much about schools because I dont have any kids but will it increase crime or ? On Sperlings Best places they rank the crime in each area about the same..

Tucker just incorporated...this is a good thing for the city.

Old 12-27-2015, 03:05 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,614,233 times
Ok, definitely cross off Fayetteville if you're looking for a liberal vibe. Fayette county is like WASP southern baptist Mecca. (Being a teenager here was NOT fun)

Powder Springs doesn't feel nearly as conservative, though there's nothing really here to begin with. I don't know Tucker, but I do know Fayetteville and PS are probably not going to b good fits for you

Old 12-28-2015, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
Ok, definitely cross off Fayetteville if you're looking for a liberal vibe. Fayette county is like WASP southern baptist Mecca. (Being a teenager here was NOT fun)

Powder Springs doesn't feel nearly as conservative, though there's nothing really here to begin with. I don't know Tucker, but I do know Fayetteville and PS are probably not going to b good fits for you
Thanks for that its a little far as it is O_O
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta