Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 02:22 PM

37,798 posts, read 41,550,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
When it comes to capping a centralized stretch of Ga. Highway 400, the Buckhead Community Improvement District isn't gunning for some passive ceiling of green space, but rather a signature attraction that can hold its own with the great urban parks of America. That much is spelled out in a Request for Proposals released by the BCID this week and an initial concept report that sheds light like never before on what the 1/3-mile park may look like. Buckhead's vision is drawing inspiration from places like Chicago's Millennium Park, Union Square and Klyde Warren Park, which capped a highway in Downtown Dallas but is only about half the size of Buckhead's nearly 10-acre proposal. The RFP seeks qualified firms who will create a schematic plan, devise a funding strategy and generally study the viability of creating the park — make no mistake, though, BCID officials are convinced this can be done — over the highway and MARTA's Buckhead Station, between the Atlanta Financial Center and Lenox Road/Buckhead Loop. Proposals are due next month, and according to the RFP, the work to really set this idea in motion will commence in April.
Grand Vision Unveiled for Park Over Ga. 400 in Buckhead - Bureau Of Big Ideas - Curbed Atlanta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2016, 02:56 PM

10,339 posts, read 11,342,638 times
I like the plan. Seems like a good idea.

Old 01-08-2016, 04:01 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,978,391 times
I've said it before, I'll say it again, and I'll say it in the future.

Old Fourth Ward...Cabbagetown...heck, even midtown. These may be popular now and flavors of the month, but anyone who EVER underestimates the power of Buckhead will be extremely sorry.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:04 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,827,568 times
okay, just curious, what is the exact name of this neighbourhood? just "buckhead"?

Old 01-08-2016, 06:50 PM

31 posts, read 28,944 times
Yes, it's Buckhead. The most expensive real estate in metro Atlanta.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
I've said it before, I'll say it again, and I'll say it in the future.

Old Fourth Ward...Cabbagetown...heck, even midtown. These may be popular now and flavors of the month, but anyone who EVER underestimates the power of Buckhead will be extremely sorry.
That's old money right there....ain't going nowhere.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:58 PM

2,862 posts, read 3,798,493 times
Love the concept - hate that white structure. I had to blow the picture up just to make sure those triangles were not holes that would result in a "it's gone rain on your head" moment. What would possess them to put those there? Is it a part of the designer's company logo?

Anyway again, I love the concept and the look and feel of everything else, but something has to be done about that roof.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleKaye View Post
Love the concept - hate that white structure. I had to blow the picture up just to make sure those triangles were not holes that would result in a "it's gone rain on your head" moment. What would possess them to put those there? Is it a part of the designer's company logo?

Anyway again, I love the concept and the look and feel of everything else, but something has to be done about that roof.
It's just a conceptual rendering. RFPs have yet to go out.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:45 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,827,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesWithTiger View Post
Yes, it's Buckhead. The most expensive real estate in metro Atlanta.
i know what and where it is; i'm just wondering why there hasn't been a named developed to distinguish it from the rest of buckhead. there are a lot of neighbourhoods in buckhead.

Old 01-08-2016, 08:33 PM

198 posts, read 152,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
i know what and where it is; i'm just wondering why there hasn't been a named developed to distinguish it from the rest of buckhead. there are a lot of neighbourhoods in buckhead.
The neighborhood is officially called North Buckhead: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Buckhead
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta