U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 10:08 AM

137 posts, read 122,925 times

Advertisements

@evannole I think what you said last is so true. Compromise will definitely be necessary. I don't think I will get a Smyrna Grove style home with a sizable backyard for a decent price so something has to go.

For example I like this home but updates would definitely be necessary, but for 300k I could manage.
2195 Berryhill Cir Se, Smyrna, GA 30082 - realtor.com®

Then there is this home, which my husband and I actually saw this weekend that's beautiful...but its 399k. We could do it but really don't want to...
2871 Stonecreek Rd Se, Smyrna, GA 30080 - realtor.com®
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2017, 09:34 AM

So I'm back and still contemplating this neighborhood. I have increased my budget and I'm in the range of Smyrna Grove. I not a huge fan of whats around it (especially those power lines across from the neighborhood) but I have the seen all the windy hill plans and I think it will do a world of good for the community, appreciation, attractiveness, etc. Has anyone actually built a home in Smyrna Grove? I love the style and in my current neighborhood that runs you atleast 500k for the same style and size home. I would love to talk to someone that has gone through the process of buying a Smyrna Grove home? Also, do you guys think the Windy Hill project will happen?

Old 08-09-2017, 09:49 AM

4,013 posts, read 2,306,853 times
I have a friend that lives there and her house is so nice inside. I love everything except for the small backyard. Its a good drive to 75 but I love the community since its gated and they have a security guard there 24/7.

Old 08-09-2017, 09:54 AM

@fieldm thanks for the feedback. When I have spoken to the property managers in the past they said you can get a bigger lot when you build because you select the lot, but you will have to pay for it. The largest lots in the community where the first ones they sold. I do like the fact that the community is gated. I just have questions like were the builders on time in terms of finishing their house or is everything an upgrade and how much actual lead way do you get when picking a lot...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or