Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 04:37 PM

10,345 posts, read 8,557,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaMove View Post
The actual owners or their personal representatives are often hard to find (frequently out of state), are unresponsive, are emotionally attached to the property or have some undisclosed reason for keeping it, absolutely their right. Some of the properties have title issues, are caught up in some type of probate matter, have been forgotten about or have other issues. Within my own family, there are a few seniors who have paid property taxes on acres of land for scores of years, even though they live far far away with no plans to return to the area. And they don't want to talk about it. Unfortunately, the properties may eventually escheat to the state, be sold for back taxes or encounter some other demise. It seems to be such a waste since many of their owners worked for years to pay for them in full.
Very good points.
I know a few years back I inquired on this forum about buying rental property as investments and a few people told me not to show up in Atlanta and keep my greedy landlord money elsewhere.
It did scare me off so I bought 20 homes elsewhere that were vacant and fixed those up and all have families renting them. It's a shame because I saw a lot of nice bungalows in Atlanta I would have loved to have brought back to life and rented out to families.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2018, 05:22 AM

333 posts, read 387,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Very good points.
I know a few years back I inquired on this forum about buying rental property as investments and a few people told me not to show up in Atlanta and keep my greedy landlord money elsewhere.
It did scare me off so I bought 20 homes elsewhere that were vacant and fixed those up and all have families renting them. It's a shame because I saw a lot of nice bungalows in Atlanta I would have loved to have brought back to life and rented out to families.
And now investors big and small are competing with each other on everything from nice resales to broken down fixer uppers all over Metro ATL when owners can convey marketable title, often beating out traditional buyers.

Old 05-05-2018, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaMove View Post
And now investors big and small are competing with each other on everything from nice resales to broken down fixer uppers all over Metro ATL when owners can convey marketable title, often beating out traditional buyers.
Yes, the market is a bit crazy here. Triple the prices and it will be like California. Hope it doesn't get that way.

Old 05-05-2018, 09:22 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Very good points.
I wish you had done it here.

Old 05-05-2018, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I wish you had done it here.
Me too. But I was still in the transition stage and after I posted here there was so much hate on me that I really thought I would have a hard time . I'm currently doing a big rehab on a house I bought from the city where I invest that no one else would buy. Hopefully it gets done in the next month and an empty beat up house gets to be a home for a family.
Where I invest has nowhere near the charm and beauty of Atlanta . I love the styles of homes in the city and see so much potential.

Old 05-05-2018, 01:38 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Give the ATL a second chance. We've still got a ton of properties that need to be brought back to life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta