Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 01:08 PM

32,021 posts, read 36,777,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
Can't wait for the inevitable whining when someone's dog takes a big steaming dump on a crowded train during rush hour.
A dog is no more likely to do that than a human, Gulch. They are very persnickety about where they poop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2016, 01:09 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,382,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
Can't wait for the inevitable whining when someone's dog takes a big steaming dump on a crowded train during rush hour.
Given the stink from many of the human riders, I doubt it will make much of a difference odor wise.

Old 02-11-2016, 01:19 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,948,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
What about people without cars who need to take their pet to the vet?

There are legitimate reasons why people sometimes need to bring pets on transit. Transit agencies know this. This is why it's allowed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Dogs are better trained than many of the human riders.

A lot of major international transit systems allow dogs and the issues people are worried about did not become a real problem.

And for all you transit advocates, how do I get my dog to the vet without a car? Hire movers to carry him in his crate onto the train?
Presumably the same way you've been getting your pet there all along. That's the type of issue responsible pet owners consider before getting one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Dogs are no more likely to act up than humans.
Not much of an endorsement, considering some MARTA riders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
The issue is not the "Good" dogs,

Its the owners who can not control/train there dog and feel they are entitled to have there biting/aggressive dogs on the train with me.

So since we can not control the clueless and the entitled then we ban all of them.
Exactly. And as an advocate of MARTA expansion into North Fulton for commuter reasons, I would be against it. The one and only time I thought it would be nice to have was the Braves game, once a year, that dogs were invited to. Since the Braves are moving, it doesn't apply.

Old 02-11-2016, 01:27 PM

32,021 posts, read 36,777,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
The one and only time I thought it would be nice to have was the Braves game, once a year, that dogs were invited to. Since the Braves are moving, it doesn't apply.
Our dogs loved Bark at the Park and looked forward to it every year.

Sadly, because they were barred from using transit we were forced to drive.

One percent of every dollar I spent on them went to MARTA, yet they were not allowed to ride. That just doesn't seem right to me.

Old 02-11-2016, 01:30 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,859,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Our dogs loved Bark at the Park and looked forward to it every year.

Sadly, because they were barred from using transit we were forced to drive.

One percent of every dollar I spent on them went to MARTA, yet they were not allowed to ride. That just doesn't seem right to me.
They are animals...

Old 02-11-2016, 01:47 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,292,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Presumably the same way you've been getting your pet there all along. That's the type of issue responsible pet owners consider before getting one.
You don't have much of an imagination. A person could own a car and be perfectly capable of driving today, and lose that ability for any number of different reasons that have nothing to do with responsibility tomorrow.

Old 02-11-2016, 01:48 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,292,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
They are animals...
So are you and everyone else.

Old 02-11-2016, 04:01 PM

2,862 posts, read 3,820,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
Nice in theory, but all one has to do in metro Atlanta to see how many irresponsible dog owners live here is visit a dog park. This would be trouble in no time.

I am with you on this.

Now, I am a dog person and have been around them since I was a toddler, but some people do not have well trained dogs. Not only that - some people cannot handle a leash properly. It has never crossed my mind to take my dog on public transit, free or paid, and she's just a toy poodle so I could definitely put her in her carrying case.

I mean unless it's a service dog, this just isn't a good idea at all. There are people who hate dogs, are afraid of them, or just mean, and there reactions to being around dogs aren't all that pretty if your dog actually urinated during the ride - problem city. Nobody needs that stress especially the dog.

Old 02-13-2016, 12:31 AM

56 posts, read 134,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
So are you and everyone else.
Where can I find the nearest zoo with caged humans? I'd pay to go see this!

Old 02-13-2016, 08:00 AM

10,744 posts, read 13,382,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley_ View Post
Where can I find the nearest zoo with caged humans? I'd pay to go see this!
Wait until you are abducted by aliens and taken back to their home world and put in a zoo with other inferior species. Don't roll your eyes. That stuff happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta