Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 06:17 PM

1 posts, read 710 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for the best things to do with a day in Atlanta. I won't have a car, so I'm looking for things to do around the city...along with the best place to get Southern food.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 06:53 PM

2,530 posts, read 4,772,627 times
What is your starting point - where will you be staying and what day of the week

Old 02-16-2016, 08:25 AM

681 posts, read 1,045,515 times
Zoo Atlanta
Georgia Aquarium
CNN tour
Coca cola tour

get the Atlanta city pass, can save you money.
also check the Marta map to see what areas follow along your plan to explore.
check yelp.com for many restaurants!
and HAVE FUN!

Old 02-16-2016, 08:28 AM

4,010 posts, read 3,752,224 times
Hello. We arent psychic. We don't know what you are into, when you are coming, etc

Old 02-16-2016, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
Hello. We arent psychic. We don't know what you are into, when you are coming, etc
probably just looking for an idea of what's available to narrow it down once they get here is all.

Old 02-16-2016, 08:46 AM

4,010 posts, read 3,752,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualErik View Post
probably just looking for an idea of what's available to narrow it down once they get here is all.
Can't narrow it down if you dont know what to narrow down.

Old 02-16-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
Can't narrow it down if you dont know what to narrow down.
fair enough.

Old 02-16-2016, 10:04 AM

9,829 posts, read 7,261,099 times
Just ride the MARTA train through downtown and midtown. You can hop on the streetcar from Peachtree Center station, which will take you over to Centennial Park. Also make sure to explore Peachtree St in Midtown and walk around along our best street if it's a nice day. North Avenue station will get you near the Fox Theater, or Midtown or Arts Center are good stops too.

Then for another cool experience (with tons of great food and drink options) you can ride the train over to Decatur station.

Old 02-16-2016, 10:28 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,523,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorilove View Post
what is your starting point - where will you be staying and what day of the week
/\ /\ /\

Old 02-16-2016, 10:50 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,377,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannaleach20 View Post
I'm looking for the best things to do with a day in Atlanta. I won't have a car, so I'm looking for things to do around the city...along with the best place to get Southern food.

Thanks!

Only one day or will you be staying the night? Will you be flying into the airport? If so, I would ride MARTA to Five Points and have lunch at the Sundial restaurant. I would then ride over to Pemberton Place and visit the aquarium and other museums. Along the way, you can stroll around Fairlie-Poplar historic district. An alternative is to ride back the other way over to the Auburn Avenue, Municipal Market, and MLK Jr. monuments. After that, I'd ride up to Arts Center and visit the High Museum for awhile. Along the way, you can stop off and visit the Mitchell House. At North Avenue you can get off and get over to the Ponce City Market (definitely worth a visit). I'd attempt to get to the Fox Theater and tour it (you can see a show if there is one and you want to take time). For dinner, I'd ride back to Peachtree Center and walk to Pittypat's Porch (southern food) restaurant. Peachtree Center central plaza is a worth a visit too for the sculptures, shops, etc. If you don't want to ride MARTA you can always take taxi's. That should take up most of the daylight hours and into the evening hours. If You're staying overnight, there are hotels all over Five Points/Peachtree Center. Those are some of the easiest things to see and do with no car. This is a list of some of the things I'd like to see myself. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: