U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2016, 04:05 PM

1,538 posts, read 726,499 times

Advertisements

If the general election is Clinton vs. Trump, I'll be looking very closely at the third party candidates. They have respectively way too much baggage and the completely wrong temperament to be deserving of the office of president - ideologies aside.

Regardless of who is running, I think there is almost 100% certainty that the Republican nominee will carry Georgia easily.

Old 02-22-2016, 04:06 PM

6,310 posts, read 3,385,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
There is also this map generated from current polling matchups:
I can definitely see Trump taking Ohio and Pennsylvania. But there is no way he would win Colorado and Florida, with heavy Latino populations. So Clinton would win 287-251.

Old 02-22-2016, 05:42 PM

5,208 posts, read 4,265,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarbundy View Post
It'll be interesting to see who Mein Trumpf picks as his running mate, hopefully Sarah Louise!

Otherwise, still undecided at this point.
Mein Trumpf. Oh god I am so stealing that.

Old 02-22-2016, 06:20 PM

363 posts, read 308,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
I can definitely see Trump taking Ohio and Pennsylvania. But there is no way he would win Colorado and Florida, with heavy Latino populations. So Clinton would win 287-251.
Well these maps were generated from all the existing per state polling of hypothetical GE matchups. I like that the other guy who rejected it refused to post any kind of evidence that counters the data.

The reason I see Clinton losing is she just does not attract independents. All primaries and caucuses thus far the independent vote has gone heavily to Sanders, Some polls are also suggesting upwards of 1/4 of people who are voting in the Democratic Primary process will refuse to support Hillary if she is nominated. Also she has a very real visceral reaction from the right that will create larger turnout from them. They chant things like Anybody but Hillary. Furthermore from the left, she has been typecast through this primary as a corporatist candidate and so many progressives will either hold their nose to vote for her or just not vote. It is a bad recipe.

Old 02-22-2016, 06:36 PM
bu2

9,903 posts, read 6,375,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
atler8 was referring to the republicans as the clown car party, i believe.
I was making a joke about the echo chamber those pages had become.

Old 02-22-2016, 06:38 PM
bu2

9,903 posts, read 6,375,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
Well these maps were generated from all the existing per state polling of hypothetical GE matchups. I like that the other guy who rejected it refused to post any kind of evidence that counters the data.

The reason I see Clinton losing is she just does not attract independents. All primaries and caucuses thus far the independent vote has gone heavily to Sanders, Some polls are also suggesting upwards of 1/4 of people who are voting in the Democratic Primary process will refuse to support Hillary if she is nominated. Also she has a very real visceral reaction from the right that will create larger turnout from them. They chant things like Anybody but Hillary. Furthermore from the left, she has been typecast through this primary as a corporatist candidate and so many progressives will either hold their nose to vote for her or just not vote. It is a bad recipe.
Trump will lose a lot of Republicans and independents. Two really awful candidates from my perspective. Just about the two worst either party could produce.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:26 PM

6,816 posts, read 6,921,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Trump will lose a lot of Republicans and independents. Two really awful candidates from my perspective. Just about the two worst either party could produce.
Exactly. A lot of people aren't accounting for this as well. Trump's unfavorability is super high as well.

I still think he's a democrat-in hiding by the way. He is really great friends with the Clintons. Obviously, right now, they're going at each other because of the election, but there is plenty of proof out there that they are very friendly towards each other.

I'm just curious how much Trump will shift to the center once he nabs the nomination. I'm also looking forward to Trump vs. Clinton debates. Trump has yet to have to truly debate someone in a 1 on 1 on issues such as foreign policy which is where I think he would falter. I mean, up to this point, he just uses buzz phrases and words..."We will take their oil"...."China, Japan are taking our jobs and they get the benefit when it comes to trading"...."We should destroy ISIS at all costs"..."Mexico is allowing their peoples to come to our country and live off of us while they rape, murder, etc".

Stop using silly national GE polls right now. They're useless. You don't know what's going to happen between now and November.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:32 AM

5,102 posts, read 5,965,709 times
Trump's hasn't crossed the line with GOP voters because they are GOP voters. The rest of the of the country is at best - turned off by him. Many can't wait for him to go away. Imagine all of the comments that he will make this year - It's only Feb.

Old 02-26-2016, 02:14 PM

3,914 posts, read 4,207,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Absolutely nothing whatsoever other than your opinion.

And I value and recommend it, highly....

Old 02-26-2016, 03:34 PM

5,158 posts, read 3,680,257 times
Don't forget to vote on Tuesday!

Trump 2016!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or