U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2016, 06:58 PM

4,240 posts, read 2,818,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
I still don't understand how someone that took a $1M loan and turned it into a $10B empire that employs thousands of people can be dismissed as an idiot. I daresay that you've never accomplished anything close to that, so does that make you less than an idiot? At least he built something. How many career politicians can say this?
What? Where do you get this drivel? Started with a $1m loan? He was given far more than that from his father. And there's been no proof that his empire is worth $10B, or even close to it. That's just what he says, and we know that most of what he says is pure bloviating. Also, I read an article today about a credit rating company who has rated Trump's businesses near the worst in the country.

I don't think he's an idiot. Far from it. But those who scam grandmas out of their retirements are also not idiots. I think he's a shrewd businessman who leaves a wake of despair behind him.

Old 10-22-2016, 07:30 PM

1,268 posts, read 628,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
What? Where do you get this drivel? Started with a $1m loan? He was given far more than that from his father. And there's been no proof that his empire is worth $10B, or even close to it. That's just what he says, and we know that most of what he says is pure bloviating. Also, I read an article today about a credit rating company who has rated Trump's businesses near the worst in the country.

I don't think he's an idiot. Far from it. But those who scam grandmas out of their retirements are also not idiots. I think he's a shrewd businessman who leaves a wake of despair behind him.
Not to mention, many economists have written about the fact that had Trump taken what he had inherited from his father and put it in a mutual fund that tracked the US stock market, he would have turned it to 15 billion. So actually, Trump is a horrible businessman LOL

Old 10-22-2016, 08:21 PM

28,109 posts, read 24,639,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forhall View Post
Yawn. 2 more weeks until your white trash savior gets the beat down he deserves, hopefully and likely taking the Senate and House down with him. Then, finally, we can go back to civil discourse and stop being an international embarrassment as Trump fades into obscurity. It's comical to me that people actually think this man is fit to be a dog catcher, let alone president.
How about folks like Bernie Marcus, David Perdue, Pete Petit and Dr. J. David Allen? They are rich and they are big Trump supporters.

Old 10-22-2016, 09:21 PM

4,229 posts, read 4,115,677 times
Quote:
And yet, not one word of criticism here for St. Hillary-of-the Fields, nor any comments whatsoever regarding her own precarious relationship with the Truth. What does that tell one about the average intellect of a C-D poster?
No body said Hilary was perfect I have criticism of Hilary But there a stark difference

Relationship with the Truth

Donald Trump's file | PolitiFact

Hillary Clinton's file | PolitiFact

The bottom is Hilary the top is Trump,

Red, orange are lies, The Green and Yellow are Truths.

Your not accepting what the free press is telling you. you have more sympathy and loyalty to the candidate over the free press. That dictatorship stuff.

The media universally says trump is red flag...... Trump says don't trust the media. You trust Trump over the Media.

Old 10-22-2016, 09:31 PM

4,240 posts, read 2,818,370 times
I heard a funny quote today:

Irony: A straight white billionaire claiming the system is rigged against him.

Old 10-22-2016, 09:39 PM

1,686 posts, read 859,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forhall View Post
Not to mention, many economists have written about the fact that had Trump taken what he had inherited from his father and put it in a mutual fund that tracked the US stock market, he would have turned it to 15 billion. So actually, Trump is a horrible businessman LOL
If he did that, you'd probably insist he was an investor rather than a businessman.

Old 10-22-2016, 10:20 PM

4,229 posts, read 4,115,677 times
Quote:
Arguing with demagogues never gets you anywhere. Case in point.
It hilarious you that term refer to me while supporting Trump, and In school I was pretty good at debating, You just can't refute none of points.

Just because he became a billion doesn't mean he didn't have corruptible ethnic getting there. He has been sue and fine multiple times. Discrimination, fraud and etc.

But what I was responding to you said Trump went from a 1 million loan to a 10 billion empire. that not even true. So I respond to that. You basically over boasted his wealth and ignore his privileged starting point. Then said how can I call him a idiot when I or any politician never accomplished that. Well me or any politician wasn't born privilege and basically took an inheritance 200 million dollar either.

Yes I see him a idiot not that doesn't know how to make money but rather he's self center ego manic

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post

That's my biggest criticism of him I see him some what like a con artist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or